Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tes 3 Owner-- Questions about USB C ports and setting up Sentry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) the two USBc ports in cupholder in back do not seem to work-- I bought the dongle for USBC to USB to charge my iphone.. Cords work- but still nothing. Where are there are other USBc or USB ports in the car? any Pictutres are helpful.
2) I bought a micro SD card with adapter to use for Sentry mode- how do I install it- appreciate all your help!

If I recall correctly the cords had to be MFi or Apple OEM cables for the USB C to work. The other two USB A ports are underneath the wireless charging pad. Just lift it up and you’ll see them. One is occupied by the charging pad. Just plug in the drive and let the car format it and that’s it.

so wait- questions:

there is only one USB C port open other than the 2 in the back- because there are 2 underneath the pad- one is used by the pad and the other one would be used for the Sentry. so are there any other USB regular USB C ports.. What does this mean: MFi or Apple OEM cables are needed- what is MFI mean?

also how do you set up the Sentry--just- put in the Mini SD Card....?

BV

Ok- found the open usb- will put the USB th my Min SD card etc.. in there- question now is if I want to plus in my phone- other options in the car other than the 2 in the rear? I bought new MFI cables and get romorrow and hope they work