Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Diecast Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

03DSG

Apr 5, 2016
Ontario
Diecast 1:18 Scale Model X P100D

148C7E38-5399-49D0-8400-4031CF1F3E33.png

Received mine today. Record time. Ordered yesterday at noon. Shipping notice at 3:30pm. Delivered at 9:21am this morning! If only Tesla...(insert joke or quip about Tesla delivery delays). ;)

This thing is a tank. Incredible attention to detail. Looks like figured ash trim with premium package. 7-seat monopost style (since discontinued). Glossy seat backs (since discontinued). Yes, the spoiler retracts! (since discontinued). 22" Silver Turbine wheels (since discontinued). Autopilot 2.x style side turn lights. Real-ish carpet. Actual seatbelts! Falcon Wing Doors have two points of articulation just the like the real thing! Upper portion of the windshield is frosted. No significant panel gap issues. To open the doors and trunks, there's a little flat plastic toothpick included.

IMG_1176.jpg IMG_1175.jpg DSC09120.jpg DSC09118.jpg DSC09117.jpg DSC09116.jpg DSC09110.jpg DSC09108.jpg DSC09107.jpg

Received mine today. Record time. Ordered yesterday at noon. Shipping notice at 3:30pm. Delivered at 9:21am this morning! If only Tesla...(insert joke or quip about Tesla delivery delays). ;)

This thing is a tank. Incredible attention to detail. Looks like figured ash trim with premium package. 7-seat monopost style (since discontinued). Glossy seat backs (since discontinued). Yes, the spoiler retracts! (since discontinued). 22" Silver Turbine wheels (since discontinued). Autopilot 2.x style side turn lights. Real-ish carpet. Actual seatbelts! Falcon Wing Doors have two points of articulation just the like the real thing! Upper portion of the windshield is frosted. No significant panel gap issues. To open the doors and trunks, there's a little flat plastic toothpick included.

View attachment 293269 View attachment 293270 View attachment 293271 View attachment 293272 View attachment 293273 View attachment 293274 View attachment 293275 View attachment 293276 View attachment 293277
Ordered one april 7th but i live in province of Québec Canada... Maybe this friday

Any thoughts on how easy it would be to take it apart if I need to repaint it MC Red?

I sent an email off to Tesla online to ask about MCR and if they ever respond I will post back here.
You could probably just tape up the windows, wheels, and chrome bits and spray the whole thing at once. I don't see any screws, so probably will be a challenge to completely disassemble the car.

about time! i'm still waiting to hear back from some reputable model makers as to where they will end up building this and have stated that we would gladly pay in this price range for a detailed model.

i may just have to buy this one and paint the wheels black. :D (not confident enough to paint the entire car, even though i have a bottle of the pearl white paint)