Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Tesla Model S Plaid Round Steering Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering why is every one going with the aftermarket options for the steering wheel compared to Tesla's OE solution. And the price of the wheel includes installation and would be supported/warrantied by Tesla as well.
It isn't available yet, and it is fully round. I did not want fully round. Plus I wanted nice leather as opposed to whatever Tesla uses. The one I bought costs less than Tesla's option as well.

Reactions: whenryb
It isn't available yet, and it is fully round. I did not want fully round. Plus I wanted nice leather as opposed to whatever Tesla uses. The one I bought costs less than Tesla's option as well.
Based on the image, the Tesla one looks like it has a flat bottom wheel.
Will have to wait and see how the real one actually looks like.

1677614409445.png

I do agree regarding the material selections, but to me personally I would prefer a wheel that matches the interior materials. I don't see having a premium material wheel, when the overall interior is average compared to the wheel.

All the options I am looking at costs about the same as what Tesla is charging once I convert to CAD$ with shipping, and Tesla's will include installation.
And I would prefer having the peace of mind of a 'Warrantied' Tesla installation.