Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can stalks be added to a 2021+ round steering wheel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased a used 2021 model S Plaid with a round steering wheel. It has no stalks. Called my local service center to ask about having them installed. They told me that stalks can not be added to a 2021. Anybody know if this is correct?

• Funny
Reactions: teko
I recently purchased a used 2021 model S Plaid with a round steering wheel. It has no stalks. Called my local service center to ask about having them installed. They told me that stalks can not be added to a 2021. Anybody know if this is correct?
Tesla supposedly has a new steering wheel to fix the lack of center horn but it's unlikely to have turn signal stalks. The only option possibly is third party.

Reactions: Jumper and Tes3P
For me: No stalk = 100% Dealbreaker.
If Tesla does not fix this incredibly stupid design error my 2018 M3 is the only Tesla I will ever own.

I can't see ever going stalk-less either.

Do the S3XY buttons control turn signals on a new MS? Their web page seems to indicate it does not.

1000011151.jpg

Reactions: Bigtanuki
For me: No stalk = 100% Dealbreaker.
If Tesla does not fix this incredibly stupid design error my 2018 M3 is the only Tesla I will ever own.
Feel the same way as you. I have bought 5 different Tesla over the years, 2 of which I still own.

I read the postings here of "oh you will get used to it". Nope not for me. I test drove the new Model S 3 different times and then I bought a 2024 model Y. If Tesla keeps on with this nonsense I may just have to keep that one forever.

The stalkless design is garbage.

Feel the same way as you. I have bought 5 different Tesla over the years, 2 of which I still own.

I read the postings here of "oh you will get used to it". Nope not for me. I test drove the new Model S 3 different times and then I bought a 2024 model Y. If Tesla keeps on with this nonsense I may just have to keep that one forever.

The stalkless design is garbage.

So was the yoke

Reactions: tm1v2 and KJD
Do the S3XY buttons control turn signals on a new MS?
They do on my Dec 2023 Model S. I put a pair on the dashboard left of the wheel. I use them when the wheel is twisted, and I have no idea where the buttons are. NOTE: my first try failed. I selected 'left turn' in the app, but the button didn't do anything. I noticed later that there is a "left turn yoke" selection, and that worked.

I mounted one button on the backside of the steering wheel and use it for audio skip forward/back & and stop/start. 90% of the time I nudge the left scroll wheel forward to skip over a commercial in a podcast, the movement is interpreted as a press, and the audio stops.

Another button is stuck above the glovebox. SIngle press: glovebox. Double press: frunk. Long press: rear hatch

The left turn signal button toggles mirrors folding when I double-press. Long press opens charge port.

Reactions: KArnold
This is the primary reason I will probably never part with my 2017 MS. They may have made the computers faster but the have not improved the overall design. And in some cases (no stalks) have made it worse.
Tesla needs to hear this from as many current owners as possible. At least make it a $250 factory option or something. Really should not be that hard to install when you're only making 20,000 or so cars a year.