Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla S Owner - Requesting Your Opinion on Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - just bought a used 2017 Tesla S 75D from a private seller (after getting it inspected by a Tesla Service Center) and excited (to say the least) to receive my vehicle on Monday. Main specs of my vehicle include:

Enhanced Autopilot
Panoramic Sunroof
21” Grey Turbine Wheels
Ultra White Premium Seats

It doesn’t have Smart Air Suspension but it was a trade off I had to make in the used car market to get the white seats and sunroof (it was difficult to check off everything I wanted in the used car market as you can imagine). I am going to get my calipers painted red (strictly for aesthetics) and am thinking about getting my car wrapped in a satin metal grey color (going to wait a while before I decide).

I’d like to get your thoughts on any must have accessories or anything I should be looking into for my Model S. Anxious to hear from you good folks in this community.

The Abstract Ocean LED updates are great, and I like their key fob covers. There are many choices for floor mats, and a sunshade is always handy. I also like the Tesla branded pano shades for summer. And perhaps a trunk all weather mat. Lots of little things to enjoy.

I love my spring suspension. I liked it much better than the air suspension though the latest Raven is nice.

We use ours for everything, including road trips and hauling (until Cybertruck). So I've got all weather mats all over, kangaroo pouches for rear passengers, alcantara cubby, under trunk storage, rear hatch Tesla sunshade. All increase usability, storage and comfort.

The Abstract Ocean LED updates are great, and I like their key fob covers. There are many choices for floor mats, and a sunshade is always handy. I also like the Tesla branded pano shades for summer. And perhaps a trunk all weather mat. Lots of little things to enjoy.
Thank you so much! I’m going to look into the Abstract Ocean LEDs. And I definitely need a fob cover - looking at silicon or metal/aluminum unless you had any other suggestions? I thought about the sunshade but wanted to get in the car first to see if I needed it - does the sun really beam down on the glass roof?

I love my spring suspension. I liked it much better than the air suspension though the latest Raven is nice.

We use ours for everything, including road trips and hauling (until Cybertruck). So I've got all weather mats all over, kangaroo pouches for rear passengers, alcantara cubby, under trunk storage, rear hatch Tesla sunshade. All increase usability, storage and comfort.
Quite honestly, I’ve test driven 2 Model S’s and didn’t realize the difference between the one with spring coils vs. SAS - only the fact that I could adjust the height on the vehicle with SAS. So I’m glad to hear you’re happy with yours! I believe mine comes with all weather mats, as the previous owner lived in the cold city of Ohio. I appreciate your feedback on the storage options.

Reactions: croman
Thank you so much! I’m going to look into the Abstract Ocean LEDs. And I definitely need a fob cover - looking at silicon or metal/aluminum unless you had any other suggestions? I thought about the sunshade but wanted to get in the car first to see if I needed it - does the sun really beam down on the glass roof?

The Abstract Ocean LEDs dramatically improve interior foot well and trunk lighting. Those are the key ones to swap out. I like their silicon fob covers the best. FYI, the all weather mats are made by WeatherTech, so if you just want the trunk you can save $70 vs. Tesla website. Regarding the Pano shades, they reduce glare a bit (not heat) in the summer, and still work when you open the sunroof for a little shade. Personal preference really.

Reactions: SilverGS
The Abstract Ocean LEDs dramatically improve interior foot well and trunk lighting. Those are the key ones to swap out. I like their silicon fob covers the best.
I agree with this 100%.

FYI, the all weather mats are made by WeatherTech, so if you just want the trunk you can save $70 vs. Tesla website. Regarding the Pano shades, they reduce glare a bit (not heat) in the summer, and still work when you open the sunroof for a little shade. Personal preference really.
I can't stand the WeatherTechs, they have to be the worst product ever in the last couple of years when other competitors came along. I prefer the Tuxmat mats. They certainly appear to be much higher quality and also look so much more premium than the WeatherTechs.

I agree with this 100%.

I can't stand the WeatherTechs, they have to be the worst product ever in the last couple of years when other competitors came along. I prefer the Tuxmat mats. They certainly appear to be much higher quality and also look so much more premium than the WeatherTechs.
Looks like I’ll be getting the Abstract Ocean LEDs. Thanks for suggesting the Tuxmat mats as well. I think I’ll decide once I actually see the floor mats in person. Thank you!

Reactions: SilverGS