TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Tesla store on El Paseo in Palm Desert, California

Discussion in 'News' started by franklandfield, Nov 23, 2015.

1. franklandfield

The cars are in the store, cleaning is happening, grand opening this Friday, Black Friday,

2. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

So cool, I'm going to the desert for Thanksgiving so I'll take pics and quiz the staff ;)

3. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

4. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

#4 Discoducky, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    A few pics below of the store but the store manager said that he expects the store to undergo a remodel to accommodate Model X next month and then another remodel to accommodate Model 3 in March (that was exciting to hear). Also, no merchandise yet to buy, but they should be getting that with the X remodel which will include huge rolling windows which will allow the X to get in and out of the store on a daily basis.

He also said that an early sig is taking delivery next week (grain of salt)

20151127_203205.jpg
    20151128_200419.jpg

Attached Files:

5. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Thanks for the pics! And good news, although I agree about the salt - but rather anectdotal/inofficial news than none at all.

6. BlueShift

BlueShift Member

Someone forwarded this email:

7. GSP

GSP Member

Are we sure Tesla is installing Superchargers in the Gardens of El Paseo parking garage? Typically they install HPWC's near their stores. The Indio Superchargers are just a stone's throw away, so installing more here will not facilitate long distance travel.

It could be the El Paseo Marketing Director is confused about the technological difference between HPWCs and Superchargers.

GSP

8. BlueShift

BlueShift Member

Yeah, charger type confusion does seems like a possibility in this case. We'll see. Maybe someone visiting the store will check it out and report back.

9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure that the El Paseo Marketing Director used inaccurate terminology, and what is actually happening is that 6 HPWC's are being installed.