Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tires in LA - where to go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are stickers (if yours are still there) under the car that indicate the jack points) so you can point that out to the shop. Alternately, and ultimately probably better if you have your own jack and stands, DIY and lift up your own car, removed the wheel, and take it to any of the major shops nearby – Just Tires or Discount Tire Center are a couple I’ve used with good success.

Any recommendations for a place that can do new tires in LA?
I once had a nail in a tire and most places did not know how to jack the Roadster, so it was a daunting experience.
Any recommendations?
This guy has a unique way.

He has a block behind the tire so it doesn't roll away. Safety first!

1687999633084.png

• Funny
Reactions: TarmacSurfer
I just go to the local tire chain here (Les Schwab). Tell them that there are specific jack points, do not use a lift, and that failure to observe these rules can total the car. That gets their attention, as it's their insurance that is at stake.

Also if you still have the keyed lug bolts, make absolutely sure that they do not use an impact wrench at any time. Hand only. Stand over the technician if you have to. The keys can / will shatter (ask me how I know), and it's a proverbial "big deal" to get things corrected.

I just go to the local tire chain here (Les Schwab). Tell them that there are specific jack points, do not use a lift, and that failure to observe these rules can total the car. That gets their attention, as it's their insurance that is at stake.

Also if you still have the keyed lug bolts, make absolutely sure that they do not use an impact wrench at any time. Hand only. Stand over the technician if you have to. The keys can / will shatter (ask me how I know), and it's a proverbial "big deal" to get things corrected.
Thank you.
Very helpful.

There are stickers (if yours are still there) under the car that indicate the jack points) so you can point that out to the shop. Alternately, and ultimately probably better if you have your own jack and stands, DIY and lift up your own car, removed the wheel, and take it to any of the major shops nearby – Just Tires or Discount Tire Center are a couple I’ve used with good success.
At this point, I need two tires replaced, so probably better to just go somewhere.

Why not just go to Tesla service? That’s what I do. Not any more expensive than anywhere else.
Because they will kill your roadster! Tesla service is not F****** good! As an early adopter, I’ve continued to be disappointed in their services, after the sale.

My local SC has lost ALL of its knowledgeable early MS techs alone roadster trained techs. My current trip to to get my 2015 MS AC compressor fix has taken over a month and they are still trying to figure it out!

They get a D minus in my book, an F if there’s more options.

Last edited: