Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to EV and to Tesla - just ordered a CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a CPO car last week and they told me it will be ready this week. I was lucky and chose a car already re-done thru the CPO process. Makes me wonder why it was already done. Maybe someone backed out of the deal before me or maybe they hated the car upon arrival. I don't know.

Its a 2013 85 battery, black, 21" rims, tech, air suspension, premium sound, black leather & free supercharging. 40,000 miles and cost $45k
Some may say thats a good deal, some will say it's not. But it's the deal I got so I'm happy with it. They dropped the price $7500 about 30 minutes before I put the deposit on it.

It was pretty much the car i was looking for & has the warranty. I am picking the car up friday!
I've already ordered a carbon fiber spoiler (aftermarket) for a couple hundred bucks. Also, a floor center console piece with more cup holders and compartments. I'll soon get the wall charger. I have more things on my list but waiting until I actually get the car. Any suggestions on what else most people get?
I've read the interior lighting sucks so people put in LEDs. I'll tint the windows and paint the calipers red. I will put a clear bra on it myself.

I have a model 3 on order and due in May. Not sure what I'll do with that but most likely I'll get the model 3.

I'm lucky and have a supercharger just 2 blocks away at the mall so I'm in no hurry for the wall charger at home.

I'll post pics when I get the car and the delivery process/service center. (san diego center)

btw, I've never even driven a Tesla before! Taking a leap of faith here.

Reactions: WarpedOne
enjoy the car, what cars did you have previously?

I've had a lot of cars ranging from trucks to Lexus, BMW. Here's the clincher for us. We have a Ford Explorer Platinum. Their best one! It is new and has just 13,000 miles on it and my wife couldn't get it into reverse 2 days ago. It's in the shop now and they are pulling the transmission. The timing is great with this Tesla! I'm hoping to convince my wife to unload the Ford and we will eventually just have a model S and a model 3

Congrats, and welcome.

I'm pretty sure after you sit in line for the Supercharger a few times, you will decide to get that wall charger.

Yeah I will get the wall charger for sure. I'm just not in a hurry. I work from home and can go to the supercharger any time I want (its almost across the street from me) so I can figure out the best times to go there. At least until Model 3 comes out and everything is packed.

I've had a lot of cars ranging from trucks to Lexus, BMW. Here's the clincher for us. We have a Ford Explorer Platinum. Their best one! It is new and has just 13,000 miles on it and my wife couldn't get it into reverse 2 days ago. It's in the shop now and they are pulling the transmission. The timing is great with this Tesla! I'm hoping to convince my wife to unload the Ford and we will eventually just have a model S and a model 3

as much as i want to convert to all EV, i have been reluctant to do so, still have a gas car as a backup

Super chargers are NOT for nearby residents.

Honestly, that is one of the main reasons I bought a used Tesla. Because of my neighbors trees I can't get solar. I've hashed it out with them over and over and it won't happen. My electric bill at home goes up to $900 per month at times. So that super charger is gonna get used!

Side note, I work from home and drive very minimal so a charge may last me 3 weeks so I'm probably still using less supercharger time than most people out there. Not that I need to explain anything to anyone.

Keep in mind, I do have enough respect for the whole infrastructure to find the off peak hours and not take up space for the commuters wanting a charge. As I wrote in my post above that I will put in a wall connector at some point. Probably within a month. But there are times (off peak hours) that i will want to take advantage of the 'free supercharging' to help offset the price of this vehicle.
In the end, I still may use less supercharging than a lot of people because I don't commute back and forth to work.

I'm really bummed that I can't get solar to be honest. That would solve a lot of problems for me but instead I am looking to move in 2 years. I'm not going to retire and have to worry about $800 electric bills.

Reactions: Akikiki
We have found 653 Teslas on the island of Oahu alone. That's a lot of us paying for supercharing. And we don't have a single Supercharger here. So many people have contributed to that network and don't get to use it. Someone that uses it twice as much as those of us that don't get to use it at all are not going to break the bank.

Reactions: daltongang