Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New (to me) feature of overhead view...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may have already been a part of a previous update, but I noticed a few days ago that you can zoom and change the perspective on the overhead view of the car on the centre console. It resets after a little while, but kind of neat that you can do it, as it lets you see more of the cars in front of you.

upload_2019-10-17_10-0-11.png

I'm more interested in the Fast and Furious drivers that come up fast from behind. Wish there was a way to freeze the perspective to watch the blind spots.
Agreed. I can see cars in the left side mirror before they appear on the screen, i.e. there is virtually no functional blind spot alert. Wish they had a light on the mirror like many other cars do.

Reactions: MrShakeHands
Agreed. I can see cars in the left side mirror before they appear on the screen, i.e. there is virtually no functional blind spot alert. Wish they had a light on the mirror like many other cars do.

V10 does highlight the lane you intend to lane change into with RED if there's something there. Also steering wheel vibrates (if you have it turned on).

Reactions: akidesir
My understanding is it only lights up if you initiate a lane change... I wonder if they can do the same regardless if lane change initiated - maybe a soft flashing red.

Agree - blind spot warnings are a small area that the system hasn't evolved well to improve.

Seems like a simple software fix. Who wants to tweet Elon with the suggestion??

I find the graphical representation of the situation always like 2 seconds behind, so I would not like to depend too much on it.

And also its very annoying that when you change the perspective while driving the car has the wrong wheel style and they don not rotate, this needs to be fixed asap me thinks

My understanding is it only lights up if you initiate a lane change... I wonder if they can do the same regardless if lane change initiated - maybe a soft flashing red.

Agree - blind spot warnings are a small area that the system hasn't evolved well to improve.

Seems like a simple software fix. Who wants to tweet Elon with the suggestion??

After driving the car for almost a year, I actually like how M3 handles the blind spot.

In Toronto, if it alerts you every time there is a car in your blind spot when you signal, it will become annoying pretty fast.

Tesla only alert you if you may collide with another car, it may even steer you away from it. It is actually impressive.

After driving the car for almost a year, I actually like how M3 handles the blind spot.

In Toronto, if it alerts you every time there is a car in your blind spot when you signal, it will become annoying pretty fast.

Tesla only alert you if you may collide with another car, it may even steer you away from it. It is actually impressive.

It will steer away if you enable "Assist" (EAP/FSD feature?)

Someone without AP/EAP/FSD can chime in?