Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to Sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

1plavs

‘22 MYP, White/Black
Mar 29, 2021
MKE
New to Sentry mode

I have only driven 1,500 miles since taking ownership and haven’t really been able to use Sentry mode a lot. When I parked my cars and came back after an hour I noticed a flyer on my windshield. Isn’t Sentry mode supposed to notify me on my iPhone that someone touched my vehicle or how does it work?

My 2nd question is did it record a clip at least and how do I view the clip of when the flyer was placed on the windshield? I opened the Launch Viewer and there was a saved clip, but unless I missed it I didn’t see the clip I was hoping for with the person who approached the vehicle.

Sentry mode is enabled and I have only disabled it when I’m at home.

You will know if it recorded something because it will give you an alert when you get in the car. If you missed the alert you can touch the camera icon when you are in park and bring up the viewer. The sentry videos are separate from the driving videos. It SHOULD have recorded the person leaving the flyer. I've heard reports that recent radar-free model Ys are having problems with sentry mode. Maybe that's your issue and you need to wait for a software update.

Reactions: 1plavs
You will know if it recorded something because it will give you an alert when you get in the car. If you missed the alert you can touch the camera icon when you are in park and bring up the viewer. The sentry videos are separate from the driving videos. It SHOULD have recorded the person leaving the flyer. I've heard reports that recent radar-free model Ys are having problems with sentry mode. Maybe that's your issue and you need to wait for a software update.
I have the latest update, but sounds like I’ll have to mess around with it some more.

Attachments

• 8D539A58-8E81-461D-B886-748BB64A66F7.jpeg
    8D539A58-8E81-461D-B886-748BB64A66F7.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 58
I love people who say statements like this. 🤣 It’s not the point, but thanks.

Thats because, many times, the answer to the question is there in the manual. In this case, tesla devotes several pages to the operation of the alarm system, including sentry mode, how to retrieve footage etc in there.

Start at page 142, which is the beginning of where it talks about sentry mode. How to retrieve footage, etc is on page 143 / 144. The only real difference between my reply and the one you quoted, is I am telling you exactly which pages in the manual cover the feature you are asking about and answer your questions about how to retrieve clips etc.

OP...like it or not the suggestions so far on this thread are spot on. Read the owners manual and/or search out some excellent youtube videos pertaining to Tesla ownership. That's how the rest of us learn about our vehicles. You are the same individual who milked a 10 page discussion on how to set up your EV charger in a garage just a few weeks ago. Endless circular questions and it was abundantly obvious you were not heeding the various suggestions and guidance put forth by patient posters. Please don't abuse the patience and good graces found on this forum.

OP...like it or not the suggestions so far on this thread are spot on. Read the owners manual and/or search out some excellent youtube videos pertaining to Tesla ownership. That's how the rest of us learn about our vehicles. You are the same individual who milked a 10 page discussion on how to set up your EV charger in a garage just a few weeks ago. Endless circular questions and it was abundantly obvious you were not heeding the various suggestions and guidance put forth by patient posters. Please don't abuse the patience and good graces found on this
I’m always amazed at the negative energy that people are willing to put in a forum vs a nice word to share. That definitely shows their true character.

Moderator note: Moved some inappropriate posts to Snippiness (some responses may have gone along for the ride as collateral damage).

Please be respectful to other TMC members. Thank you.

Bruce.
Thanks. I do appreciate your help with some of the comments made that were unhelpful and just plain old rude.