Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New UK owner with a hello and photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Behr

Mar 26, 2016
UK
Hi all,

I have just joined the forum, having taken delivery of my Model S this week. Prior to this I have been a lurker here for longer than I can remember.

My interest in the brand goes back to 2008. In the UK, we didn't receive the Model S until 2014. I had looked at buying then but held off for a number of reasons. Mainly I wanted to see whether the brand could work here, but also wanted to see if the SC network grew. Since then I have watched many new owners get there cars and have gradually seen a few more out on the roads, even living far from London where most seem to have bought originally.

In December last year I test drove a P85D and narrowly avoided buying one at the time. What clinched it for me recently was the bunch of cars released to the UK CPO site, inc. many with AP. Whilst it was usual to see 14-20 cars on the UK website with with very little turnover, suddenly this went up to 80 or 90 overnight.

I originally shortlisted two cars. A Titanium 90 and a Midnight Silver 85 (non D). I eventually went for the Midnight Silver, registered October 1st 2015 (first of fourth quarter and was used as a loaner). I was a bit nervous buying just off the configurator style images but realized that the only way I'd actually get to see the car was to commit to it. Otherwise it would have bounced around the system forever.

Here is the full spec - Vin 85xxx

Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Tan Next Generation Seats
Carbon Fibre Décor
Black Alcantara Headliner
Executive Rear Seats
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Interior and Lighting
Smart Air Suspension
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package
Security Package

I also purchased a CHAdeMO adaptor, Type 2 cable and centre console. (I carry waaay too much crap around)

What do I think of it 3 days in - incredible. Absolutely no buyers remorse. The service was pretty good and the whole transaction was relatively painless. What I am most pleased about is that although this is the 'lowly' 85, the performance is still fantastic. Bear in mind that this still cost the equivalent of US 100k as it was!

Well, last but not least, some photos -

Pick-up day:

Charging at CHAdeMO:

That's all for now. I look forward to participating (and asking lots of questions).

Behr.

Congratulations. Your configuration is similar to the one I had initially set up. I ended up going with with the deep blue once I saw it in person; that's probably the most difficult part is committing to a color based on a website order or a painted piece of metal shown in the showroom. Seeing the vehicle in person really is the difference.