Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New version of model 3... mid range

What do you think of the new mid range AWD/RWD changes?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
I hope I'm not remembering correctly but here goes.

The MR RWD base price is $67,400.
The LR AWD base price is $79,300.

I'm 99% sure the LR RWD was $64k before and the LR AWD was $72k before. Am I wrong? This is before the incentives/gas savings they like to throw in there.

I hope I'm not remembering correctly but here goes.

The MR RWD base price is $67,400.
The LR AWD base price is $79,300.

I'm 99% sure the LR RWD was $64k before and the LR AWD was $72k before. Am I wrong? This is before the incentives/gas savings they like to throw in there.
Not sure where you saw the above pricing, LR AWD is 70700 now and MR RWD is 58800.

The paint prices are still the increased values, but interestingly the white interior has dropped to 1300....I may have opted for it if it was that price when I ordered (it was 2k then...).

EAP and FSD are the same price.

pcons, yea. I didn't realize it saved the color and EAP selections when I went back to step 1. So the MR RWD is ~$5k cheaper than the LR RWD and the AWD is ~$1.2k cheaper then before.

I was wanting the LR RWD.. it's only a ~80km difference in battery but when you take into account you're only charging to 80%, and I was losing around 15% because of my energy consumption that 80km starts to make a difference.

LR RWD started at $64,100
MR RWD starts at $58,800

Difference is $5,300
MR has ~80 km less range and is a tad slower. Also a few hundred pounds lighter.

It’s an interesting marketing move and may cause some SR waiters to buy sooner. I still subscribe to “range is king” but $5,300 is significant. Have to think about the impact of winter range loss, charging to 80%, etc to see if the MR will work for you. If I didn’t qualify for the $14k Ontario rebate, the MR would be enticing.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Interesting about FSD being gone. I doubt they will add it to EAP (and description of EAP remains the same) because what would they do to those who bought FSD? Give refunds? That wouldn't be a wise financial decision.

Regardless, in Canada we dont even have summon, and its a crippled version of the US version on model S and X. So when FSD actually gets released in the US I expect it to take another number of months, possibly years, for Canada to get a possibly watered down version.

Last edited: