Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Video - Laying down in back of Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish I had more time to film with the car, but I barely had 5 minutes after my friend let me test drive... more videos coming down the pike soon I hope, have a couple of really good ideas for videos with this car.

After driving it I will say this - interior looks NICE in person, high quality. Suspension and acceleration, handling are all SMOOTH as silk... dare I say better than our Model X (perhaps is because it's a lighter vehicle... or they've just gotten better, or coil over suspension is more forgiving than smart air).

I wish I had more time to film with the car, but I barely had 5 minutes after my friend let me test drive... more videos coming down the pike soon I hope, have a couple of really good ideas for videos with this car.

After driving it I will say this - interior looks NICE in person, high quality. Suspension and acceleration, handling are all SMOOTH as silk... dare I say better than our Model X (perhaps is because it's a lighter vehicle... or they've just gotten better, or coil over suspension is more forgiving than smart air).
Oh and new air vent is super cool. Seems to function quite well, only took me 10 seconds to get used to touch screen interface for directing air flow.

I'm sorry, but this is just dumb. "Camper mode" isn't about whether someone can fit into the back, but rather whether the HVAC system can be left on to keep it warm or cool enough to be comfortable overnight ...which this didn't address whatsoever.

It would be more accurate to say you confirmed "kidnap mode" is possible, but then forgot to answer the question, How many abductees can we fit into the back?

I'm sorry, but this is just dumb. "Camper mode" isn't about whether someone can fit into the back, but rather whether the HVAC system can be left on to keep it warm or cool enough to be comfortable overnight ...which this didn't address whatsoever.

It would be more accurate to say you confirmed "kidnap mode" is possible, but then forgot to answer the question, How many abductees can we fit into the back?

I'm sorry, but this is just dumb. You can't camp if you can't fit. That's the first and most important thing. And Tesla's newest software update added the feature to let you run climate control even after being parked for an extended period of time.

Last edited:

Ummm... this has already been confirmed through several other videos... so....

• Funny
Reactions: Canuck
In other things I've seen it looked like the rear seats didn't quite fold flat. Can you confirm this and how far off is it? Took a trip this summer in the Volt where the wife and I slept in the back for a week. Those seats don't quite fold flat, but if you pull the bottom seat cushions off they fold perfectly flat with no lip.

It's not dumb at all to me. I crawl in the back of my S a lot and take naps while supercharging. The day camping mode updated on my vehicle I used it while taking a nap in the back of my S at a supercharger on the way to my cabin. It worked great. Camper mode doesn't have to mean only one thing. It can be used for a number of different things. Tesla used the example of keeping the groceries cool while you continue to shop when it updated on my vehicle.

I wondered if I could sleep in the back of my 3 when I get it, like I do in my S...

P_20171026_123000_vHDR_Auto.png

The OP's video addressed that question. It looks claustrophobic and too difficult in a 3. But the more videos I see of it, the more I really look forward to getting one.

Last edited:
In other things I've seen it looked like the rear seats didn't quite fold flat. Can you confirm this and how far off is it? Took a trip this summer in the Volt where the wife and I slept in the back for a week. Those seats don't quite fold flat, but if you pull the bottom seat cushions off they fold perfectly flat with no lip.
I just turned in my Volt off lease. The back seats in the 3 seemed to fold a little flatter than the Volt, but not completely flat. Not enough of a slant to be uncomfortable.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Is there some sort of requirement that you can only video a Model 3 in the rain or are the rain gods conspiring against you? :D
(Previously: Up Close HD video of Model 3 )
The rain gods are conspiring! Although I did get to see it on a beautiful night in California at the launch party. I'm hoping when I take delivery the gods will be merciful and give me a rain and snow free day :)

View attachment 257515

It's freaking HILARIOUS how many of you can't seem to grasp rather obvious humor (and comforting to see that at least some others DO!)

I think you need to go back and work on your routine. You're not as funny as you think you are. Especially your first paragraph. I could see an attempt at humor with the second paragraph, but... <crickets>.