Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEW Video!! Model S in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't say I understand everything he said, but I'll try to summarise the video.

He loved the acceleration and quickly got up to 190 km/h (120 mph) on autobahn, he also liked many other things with the car, such as the spacious rear seating (he is 190cm tall, google tells me that is 6 feet 251⁄64 inches), and the large cargo capacity.

I can't say I noticed him talking about any negatives.

While mentioning the price-point things got interesting, estimating a price of 600k nok (105k usd) for the performance version, about 3 times less than a high end BMW, about the same price as a well equipped volvo v70.

First it's Finland with one n. Second Finnish car magazines hate electric cars, third Autofil is a Norwegian car magazine and they speak -surprisingly- Norwegian at the video... No I don't' have slightest idea what those cod eating, oil bumping fjordlings say.

welcome to the Forum, HVM! nice first post. Don't let the few 1000 Norwegian Model S reservation holder trouble you! Nearest Model S to you will be on Alands island, Finland. Visit him when the sea is frozen, I am sure he will give you a test ride!

Ha, If I remember right, you send some greetings in Finnish to above-mentioned Åålander ("monolingually Swedish-speaking autonomous, demilitarized region of Finland"), and never heard him again. Sometimes I think that there is no grater insult to Alander than speak Finnish to them...

; )

What I say about Finnish car journalist is true. When the roadster was tested for the Scandinavian Sports Car of the Year, Finns gave it low score when all the other jornos gave it high praise. (And not by facts but -like with TopGear- by convention...) Currently only articles about Model S are from yellow press like S vs. M5 video. Now when AutoBild have test-driven the S, there is some hope get real Finnish article in AutoBild.fi...

Finnish government/public office is not any better. When there were plea to change taxation to promote alternative fuel vehicles, Gov. look at things and decided -in their great wisdom- that a electric car is just a mean to bypass the fuel taxes. They changed the Diesel Tax to a Energy Tax (käyttövoimavero, automotive power source tax) and now electric cars are taxed more heavily than their Gasoline/Petrol* counterparts...

Sometimes I think that we Finns really live up those countless jokes made by Norwegians.

*(Right name for that hydrocarbon is off course Bensiini, Benzin, like our -old brothers-in-arms- e.g. Germans knows)

What I say about Finnish car journalist is true. When the roadster was tested for the Scandinavian Sports Car of the Year, Finns gave it low score when all the other jornos gave it high praise. (And not by facts but -like with TopGear- by convention...) Currently only articles about Model S are from yellow press like S vs. M5 video. Now when AutoBild have test-driven the S, there is some hope get real Finnish article in AutoBild.fi...

Finnish government/public office is not any better. When there were plea to change taxation to promote alternative fuel vehicles, Gov. look at things and decided -in their great wisdom- that a electric car is just a mean to bypass the fuel taxes. They changed the Diesel Tax to a Energy Tax (käyttövoimavero, automotive power source tax) and now electric cars are taxed more heavily than their Gasoline/Petrol* counterparts...

Sometimes I think that we Finns really live up those countless jokes made by Norwegians.

*(Right name for that hydrocarbon is off course Bensiini, Benzin, like our -old brothers-in-arms- e.g. Germans knows)

Quite. We Germanic peoples must stick together, no? :wink: