Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New VIN - December 26th 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone, New to the forum and just today received my VIN for my new model Y! Supper excited. I live in Calgary Canada and the car is not expected to arrive until December 31st and they are scrambling to ensure we take delivery the same day it arrives so we qualify for the 1 year free supercharging. BUT! The vin number in all the decoders has a unknown and I am wondering if anyone else has seen this or knows what it is yet? Here is the VIN - 5YJYGDEE9MF0XXXXX. The unknown is the 8th character as an “E” is showing up as unknown. I ordered the long range all wheel drive variant. I am being told the car is still at the factory and should be leaving tomorrow for Canada and be here on the 31st. Super excited and very interested to see what new changes this car will have as it is fresh from the factory. Thanks in advance if anyone knows what the E in the 8th spot means.

I ordered the long range all wheel drive variant.

The unknown is the 8th character as an “E” is showing up as unknown.
Hi, congrat and welcome for your first posting !!!

I enter the VIN 5YJYGDEE9MF075000 into VIN Decoder – TeslaTap and got:

Position Description Value
1-3 Manufacturer 5YJ = Tesla, Inc.
4 Make Y = Model Y
5 Body Type G = Class D MPV, 5 Door (Left-Hand Drive)
6 Restraint System D = Manual Type 2 Seat Belts (Front Row, Center Row*3 With Front Airbags, PODS, Side Inflatable Restraints [5-seat]
7 Battery Type E = Lithium-Ion Battery - Electric
8 Motor/Drive Unit E = Dual Motor - Standard Model Y
9 Check Character 9 (should be 8)
10 Model Year M = 2021
11 Location of Manufacture F = Fremont, CA, USA
12 Serial #, 100,000s digit 0
13-17 Serial Number Digits 75000

So you should get a 2021 Model Y LR AWD, not the Performance.

Note: I imagine that if the 31rst delivery didn't work for some reason,
you might still get the Supercharger offer if delivered during the first week of January.
But get everything written down before signing any paper during delivery.

What body color, interior, wheels did you choose?

Do you have already a plug installed at your home?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TerranCaz