Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New vs Old Rear Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s definitely beefed up. A good 2 inch difference. Much more comfortable, wish mine was produced just a week or 2 later so I could’ve got them.

Not being the one that has to sit in the back of the car and having to deal with car seats and booster seats for at least the next few years, I think I like the original flatter version better.

For those wondering what the difference between the new and old rear seats looks like, here is my 14xxx vin vs a 18xxx vin. Both April manufacture dates.

Imgur
Nice! I'm still waiting for my invite, but good to know that Tesla is responding quickly to feedback and correcting things like this. I have 2 kids, so most of the time the rear will have booster/car seats, but I figure once I get an M3, I'll be giving lots of rides to friends/coworkers, at least initially.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
The picture makes it appear that the side bolsters are plusher, but the seat center height remains about the same as before. If this is truly the case, then I'm quite happy with my old seats because when a car seat is installed in the center seat, the passengers tend to sit off-center. Can someone who's sat on BOTH versions comment on the height of the side and center seats after this revision?