Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New wheels: P3D 20" vs 19" SSR GTX01 with 265's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspired by you @P3D-R

Went for the same setup and it drives so much better! Thank you for posting all the information online.

20220908_153930.jpg

Reactions: P3D-R and BadassBob
Hello all. I just picked up my 2020 Model 3 Performance a few weeks back and upon seeing another company publish the 20" wheels at 32lbs each I knew I had to look into an alternative. I decided to go with the SSR GTX01 in 19x9.5 +35 5x114.3 from AutoRnD which is conveniently located across the street from the Tesla Factory in Fremont. If you have any questions regarding wheels they can be very helpful. I had a really hard time trying to find a Japanese made wheel that could accommodate the M14 studs we have. I've always taken a liking to Japanese manufactured wheels due to their technology and quality standards.

SSR publishes the wheels at 22.3 lbs each. Almost looking at a 10lb savings per wheel.
View attachment 500631

Now is where we lose all that weight savings by moving to a 265/35/19. Keep in mind all wheels are mounted and balanced as well and have TPMS sensors

Michelins with oem 20": 52.60 lbs ea
SSR GTX01 with Falken 510: 50.25 lbs ea
Net savings of 2.35lbs per corner
View attachment 500632
View attachment 500627

This surprised me because I was expecting a larger delta in the weights because the tire weights by the manufacturers are published as such:
PS4S (TO) @ 24lbs each 235/35/20: 52-24 = 28lbs, minus the weight of the tpms as well.
Falken 510 @28lbs each 265/35/20

I can't argue with the SSR/Falken combo because I weighed it all out beforehand but this leads me to believe the OEM 20" Performance wheels are closer to 27-28lbs per wheel.

Has anyone actually weighed a bare 20" performance wheel on the boards? I did try to search btw. I think it's important that the wheel weights are represented accurately by all third parties and is the reason I'm posing this question. I planned to sell my setup so am avoiding dismounting one of the tires just to weigh the wheel but this is bugging me.

I'll post up pics of the car once I get some decent weather and the car is washed.

Pic belongs to me. Please ask me if you want to use the image.
View attachment 500637
Hi Im interested in GTX04 and was trying to find information if they need to be drilled out to fit M14. From what Ive read on your post it sounds like your GTX01 did not need to be drilled out? Thanks, I am mounting them on a 2020 SR M3.

Status
Not open for further replies.