Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Y Couple of small issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my Y delivered to my house last Thursday! Really excited surprised how quickly it came I guess they wanted to make those 1st quarter numbers I am vin 28XX. Decided to wash it to catch any issues. The Hinges on the front trunk and the rear hatch have been adjusted after paint which I have never seen in a new production vehicle cheap or expensive. Its like what you would look for in a used car to see if any bolts had been turned to replace body panels. The front is lined up nicely but have to be careful closing it makes me not want to go in it much it's really tight hope it loosen over time. What I have been doing is pushing down on the very edge just to hear the second click. The hatch is lined up perfect on the driver side but the passenger side is up a little where it meets the window. Front doors need to be adjusted on both sides and it looks like the driver front came in contact with the rear when they were assembling it. My rear seats don't go down when you use the buttons in the back that seems to me that it just isn't pulling hard enough so the seat belts hold them back. I have an appointment for Tuesday to install my homelink I am going to put another request in for these issues to see what they say. I do love the car should make all my driving less stressful plus love the idea of never touching a gas pump again.

Attachments

• Drive_Side_Hatch_Alignment.jpg
    Drive_Side_Hatch_Alignment.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 212
  • Hatch_Hinge_L.jpg
    Hatch_Hinge_L.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 186
  • Pass_Side_Hatch_Alingment.jpg
    Pass_Side_Hatch_Alingment.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Driver_Door_Front.jpg
    Driver_Door_Front.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Driver_Door_Read.jpg
    Driver_Door_Read.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 183
  • Front_Hinge_L.jpg
    Front_Hinge_L.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 189
  • Front_Hinge_R.jpg
    Front_Hinge_R.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 182
  • Hatch_Hinge_R.jpg
    Hatch_Hinge_R.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 195
Wow I didn't notice that but that is the lower hinge for the rear door there is a mark on the top like it too but just one. On the pass side there is one on that hinge but it looks like it happen before paint because it is white. I guess those robots are heavy handed or something I will point that out to them too. I wonder if any of this will rust again I have never seen this on expensive cars or econo boxes. I would like them to fix whatever they can maybe they should start throwing in a bottle of touch up paint with all the cars.

Seems odd to smack it with a hammer and not just loosen and adjust the door? The bolts dont show any marks from a socket after painted. Fully agree Tesla should just give a little bottle of touch up paint. It would go along way to making people feel better about these marks.

Welcome to Tesla! The car that you purchased used to cost 150k and it had all those same minor issues. By that I mean the model X which was their last SUV.

Tesla does things differently, and the specs of the car fully make up for such minor defects. It was no doubt a struggle for them to make the car at the price that you got it for, and you got one of the early models - fortunate in the sense that you got one, but unfortunate, because they are still learning a few things.

I guess those robots are heavy handed or something I will point that out to them too.
You mean the ones with 10 fingers and 10 toes? :) It's about time Tesla learned how to operate a body shop. Sure they have improved, but they now have enough funds that they no longer need to cut corners. Less well financed car manufacturers all over the globe are able to build a car body better than they do. Elon needs to demand better and make the capital investment needed to make them at least competitive in this respect.

My Y is back at service for them to fix everything. Curious to how they are going to go about it but they seem to really want to make me happy and the seem to be kinda embarrassed didn't give me within spec for a Y stuff. They gave me a loaner MS P90D that thing is brutally fast hope this goes well.

I am sure it will go well. I think the service people are really good, very different from the delivery center or sales people.

My Y had a lot more issues than yours, but they fixed just about everything perfectly. They still want to replace my windshield (a small chip that's barely noticeable) and the rear bumper (a small paint chip that they fixed 90% by painting over it, but they are not happy with it). I am very impressed with how seriously they are taking these minor issues

Reactions: liuping
Welcome to Tesla! The car that you purchased used to cost 150k and it had all those same minor issues. By that I mean the model X which was their last SUV.

Tesla does things differently, and the specs of the car fully make up for such minor defects. It was no doubt a struggle for them to make the car at the price that you got it for, and you got one of the early models - fortunate in the sense that you got one, but unfortunate, because they are still learning a few things.

is this a serious post wtf?

Reactions: iamnid
I was suppose to pick it up today but they called me when I was .5 mile away to tell me they wanted to keep it till Monday to correct the window issue. I still pulled in a looked it over and it looks like it should have when it arrived in the first place. I am pretty excited to get it back but I can wait till Monday they have me in a P90D MS which is brutally fast. The window on the driverside didn't drop when the door was opened so now they want to check the logs and get that sorted out for me and also the window trim should be in on Monday to replace where it was damaged. Here are a few quick pics I took with my phone not the best I will post more when I get it back. Everything lines up perfectly now I am really happy and they seem to really want be to be satisfied.

Attachments

• IMG_6360.jpeg
    IMG_6360.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6362.jpeg
    IMG_6362.jpeg
    335.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6363.jpeg
    IMG_6363.jpeg
    378.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6359.jpeg
    IMG_6359.jpeg