Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to match tint? Is windshield worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes...also, i'm sure that's illegal.

some places wont do that for you.
I would say in most states in US and provinces in Canada, it's illegal. Here in my city though the only time you'll get a ticket for tint is usually an add-on violation if you've been pulled over.

I have it and imo I think it's more of a frowned-upon thing here unless it's limo tint.

Reactions: Skavatar
I have 20% front windows, 35% rear windows and hatch and 70% windshield. Depending on your interior, it will reflect more or less light. I have the white interior so the 20% front looks lighter than cars with 35% front and black interior.

If you go with Air80 or Strato70 on the windshield you wont be able to tell it is tinted, but because they are ceramic tints you will get the heat rejection. I noted that with those tints I can tell when another car has a tinted windshield looking out my windshield.

My wife has air80. I did strato70 on my last car. On my Model Y I went with 50% (windshield). You can barely tell from the outside that it is tinted. I can't tell from the inside. I wish I had 40% on the windshield. I did 20% on the back half of my model Y, but I am ok with blacking out the back half. The two front windows have 20%.

I like my window tint on all my cars. I don't drive much at night, but I don't notice the 50% on the windshield.

Your location should have a lot to do with your tint. I live in Georgia. It gets hot here. I spend some time in Cocoa Beach, Fl. If I lived there. I may want 5% all around and 35% on the windshield. I imagine AZ would be the same way.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Skavatar