Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Y. window goes back down with one touch close… broken?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a quick fix to this? 3 days old and the right front window will go up for a second and go back down when closing with the one touch. Heck even when i try and pull the button one notch to close itll go back down again at times. The window height before coming back down changes too. Is this something i need to takento the dealer or something simple? I tried the calibration of holding the button down until the bottom and then up but on the way up it stops and comes back down

Try rebooting the Tesla Model Y. While parked press and holding the left and right scroll wheels on the steering wheel for ~7 seconds and the computer will reboot.

It is worth repeating the window actuator calibration steps, perhaps several times as this may resolve the problem.

It could be that the door gasket is too stiff due to being new, the window actuator is too sensitive and stops closing the window as if there was someone's hand in the way. Tesla Mobile Service can adjust the sensitivity of the window actuator so this won't happen. You can open a service request in the Tesla app.

Is there a quick fix to this? 3 days old and the right front window will go up for a second and go back down when closing with the one touch. Heck even when i try and pull the button one notch to close itll go back down again at times. The window height before coming back down changes too. Is this something i need to takento the dealer or something simple? I tried the calibration of holding the button down until the bottom and then up but on the way up it stops and comes back down
Mine did this twice during my delivery appointment. The first time, I noticed an open window, and I thought I must have just not clicked the button all the way to auto-up. The second time, I watched it go up all the way, then go back down like halfway or so. I got out, went to get the Tesla guy who did my delivery, and he came out to take a look. When he was there, I opened and closed the window like 5 times in a row, and it worked flawlessly, and has continued to operate correctly since that day.

My only guess was I "accidentally" went through the calibration process by opening and closing repeatedly while the guy was watching. :)

Haha.... mine too 22MYP. I contacted service and they gaslit me, told me it was working fine. However, i researched and found it has to do with the calibration and it works fine when you are stationary, yet when moving the slightest bump will trick the auto up function to stop. If you offer to drive around with the mechanic you can recreate the fault while driving not while parked. Though, I don't think they will fix it anyway. Service comes off often with a narcissistic personality be warned. They often minumize, gaslight, gold shoulder, etc. Lol. Welcome to the club.
I'm afraid for summer though, because the law had Tesla disable the vent window function and without it the cabin gets way too hot and needs to run the ac to protect the electronics.

Road vibtrration will sometimes interrupt the window function. Intermittent.

As for "Service comes off often with a narcissistic personality be warned. They often minumize, gaslight, gold shoulder, etc.", that attitude certainly isn't universal. It all depends on the personality and quality of the manager.