Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York Deliveries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edited...Ordered June 30th and just got a call for delivery of Aug 2, I assume it will be in Manhasset (we ordered it while in Boca Raton, FL with delivery on Long Island).
VIN ends with 31821 Color is blue
Best of luck! I dealt mostly with Rainey and Eric, and both were terrific. Unfortunately, both are transferring to Smithtown, in Suffolk County, which will open in around a month.

Pickup up a VIN 26xxx MY today. Not disappointed but also not impressed. For me nothing that stopped delivery. Inside was good, rear seat hight was off but had recline it a bit to get the car seat in so not noticeable now. Driver side headlight was sticking out a bit, fixed that. Rear hatch would intermittently not latch, fixed by adjusting bump stops 1/2 turn each. Paint is good, bumper is slightly off color but I really had to stare at it to see it. (Mind playing tricks on me?) Gaps and alignment look just as good as my wife’s 2018 CRV, take that for what it’s worth since these cars are 20K different in price.
How did it drive, absolutely fantastic. Do I feel like it’s money well spent? Too early to tell. Could have waited to order or rejected, but life is short so I decided to roll the dice. For now it fits the bill for what I need, AWD, electric, hatchback and affordable. If I still like the car in a few years and I’m still around, we’ll order a newer version one that hopefully has the kinks worked out.
My 2 cents, as you experience may vary.
P.S. Still beats my Nissan LEAF!

Reactions: NY_Rob
Took delivery of LR MSM, AWD, Gemini, 25xxx. Perhaps the expectations were low, but the was rather pleased with quality. Gaps were 98% great - 1MM difference at the rear door. Front was good, the paint was totally fine, opening closing OK. Tesla may be turning a corner with these Ys. At least the MSM paint does not seem to have issues. I'm thinking that people taking delivery soon may be able to breathe a little better. QC of ours plus the others sitting nearby all seemed great.

Edit: the drive seemed a bit bumpy which was surprising for the 19" - it was bit bouncier than the PUP we test drove. Not sure what the tire pressure is supposed to be, but the TPMS showed 41PSI after 30 min of driving in 100 degree heat. May be underinflated, and that would be a good thing and an easy fix.

Took delivery of LR MSM, AWD, Gemini, 25xxx. Perhaps the expectations were low, but the was rather pleased with quality. Gaps were 98% great - 1MM difference at the rear door. Front was good, the paint was totally fine, opening closing OK. Tesla may be turning a corner with these Ys. At least the MSM paint does not seem to have issues. I'm thinking that people taking delivery soon may be able to breathe a little better. QC of ours plus the others sitting nearby all seemed great.

Edit: the drive seemed a bit bumpy which was surprising for the 19" - it was bit bouncier than the PUP we test drove. Not sure what the tire pressure is supposed to be, but the TPMS showed 41PSI after 30 min of driving in 100 degree heat. May be underinflated, and that would be a good thing and an easy fix.
VIN? Build date?

(I'm picking up 33xxx, 7/22 build next week; Blue PUP)

Also, what was your walkaway impressions of the staff? Great, meh, awful...?

I haven't met anyone who's wowed me in Brooklyn.

VIN? Build date?

(I'm picking up 33xxx, 7/22 build next week; Blue PUP)

Also, what was your walkaway impressions of the staff? Great, meh, awful...?

I haven't met anyone who's wowed me in Brooklyn.
Vin is 26xxx, build date 7/20. And yeah, the Brooklyn and Manhattan staff seem rather disconnected. No excitement and mostly meh. They were patient though as we spent nearly an hour looking for problems that mostly weren't there. The only issue I continue to wonder about is why the ride with the 19s seems bumpier than the 21s. Anyone else have an issue?

Vin is 26xxx, build date 7/20. And yeah, the Brooklyn and Manhattan staff seem rather disconnected. No excitement and mostly meh. They were patient though as we spent nearly an hour looking for problems that mostly weren't there. The only issue I continue to wonder about is why the ride with the 19s seems bumpier than the 21s. Anyone else have an issue?
The reason why I ended up getting the PUP was because I felt the ride was just perfect; I thought it was going to be really harsh but when I drove the PUP tester down Hamilton Ave., I thought it was perfect and was worried the LR would be too soft for me.

Outside of possible rim damage, I would have to guess it could just be suspension settings; it would've been nice to have an LR tester there because I was originally going to go that route too (b/c of the old prices and the PUP losing the $2k rebate).

Does the Brooklyn shop have LR testers now? Maybe you could compare. I know the PUP tester has been sold to a forum member.

(And who knows, maybe we'll be in opposite shoes in 6mos; I need to see a chiropractor b/c the PUP is too harsh and the LR ends up being just right for everyday driving...)

I don't think they have the LR for a test. When we tested they had a red, and blue - both were performance. I expected the 19s to be softer, but so far anyway, it seems harsh, but not quite firm. Will see how it settles. Could just be the new suspension.

Reactions: jazz290
Anyone yet been to Smithtown or heard any news. I have a performance Model Y pick up scheduled for the 26th in Manhasset, but was hoping to get it in Smithtown. Despite all these posts on the thread suggesting August/September opening, last I heard it wasn't opening until late October. Anyone hear anything else?

Ordered a MY LR in Red with a Tow Hitch - standard wheels on 10/17. Got a VIN on 10/19. Should be at Mount Kisco on 11/2. Delivery appointment scheduled for 11/4 vin:MF064xxx. Window sticker indicates October build. Sales agent implied it will travel by train to Chicago and then by truck to NY.

Anyone yet been to Smithtown or heard any news. I have a performance Model Y pick up scheduled for the 26th in Manhasset, but was hoping to get it in Smithtown. Despite all these posts on the thread suggesting August/September opening, last I heard it wasn't opening until late October. Anyone hear anything else?
Smithtown officially opened for deliveries Nov 1st..... will be picking up my MY there very soon now :D