Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MYP in service center for 4 weeks waiting on parts - lemon law?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I picked up my new MYP on 6/19 and noticed panel gap issues and a paint issue on delivery. I was told to make a service appointment and these will be fixed - no problem with that. I get in my car later that evening and suddenly my AC makes a loud noise that sounds like a lawn mower and stops blowing cold air and the noise stops. I put in a request on the app, along with detailing the other issues and brought it in to the SC on 6/23. They did a remote diagnostic and said it was the AC condenser that needs to be replaced. The worker comes to me and says the paint issue cannot be resolved here and needs to be brought to a certified body shop, but will need to be there for 5-7 days for it to be fixed. I was annoyed, but whatever. Later that day, my AC still hadn't been fixed so I ask them and they said they replaced the fan, but they still aren't sure why it's not working, so they give me a loaner for the weekend since they don't operate until Monday. On Monday, they tell me they need a new body control module and the part will not be ready until the end of July.... That would mean at minimum the vehicle would be in the service center for 5 weeks and then will need to be serviced another week minimum for the paint problem.

I live in NY and Lemon Law states 4 or more visits to the dealership for the same problem or has 30 or more cumulative days out of service. Does this qualify as a lemon since I will greatly exceed the 30 days out of service? A body control module clearly means mechanical issues and impacts the vehicle in some ways, so this type of issue would qualify in that aspect. I may call the AG office tomorrow to get their input on the matter, but curious what you guys think.

Um. There's been the occasional Lemon Law story around here. There's also been a couple of cases where Tesla said, "We're taking the car back. Here's a new one."

Have you dinged the service center and pointed out the Lemon Law stuff? I'm sure they're aware.

Um. There's been the occasional Lemon Law story around here. There's also been a couple of cases where Tesla said, "We're taking the car back. Here's a new one."

Have you dinged the service center and pointed out the Lemon Law stuff? I'm sure they're aware.
I haven't mentioned lemon law directly, but I still get the daily update that the part is expected next week. With the 30 days approaching this week, I may mention it. Especially since it needs an extra week to repair a separate problem