Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbie question about NV AP.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. while navigate on AP, does it automatically take the exit? or do I have to engage it by turning on the blinkers? When I tried NV on AP it kept on going past the exit and did not exit automatically.

2. while on navigate on AP does it respond to traffic lights on the HWY ? We have a HWY that goes from 75 to 55 with a stoplight and then 75 again.

3. Does it change speed with changing speed limits ? I was on a HWY with speed limit 75, and the speed changed to 65 but the car remained on 75 until I clicked the 65 icon on the screen.

4. If there are multiple occupants in the vehicle, does the vehicle sense it and automatically route through the HOV lane if that is available on the HWY?

5. If autopilot is engaged on streets and there are cars stopped at the traffic light.. does the car slow down and stop? I tried it (kinda) but it was scary coz it was barreling down at the speed limit towards those parked cars, so I had to engage the breaks.

1. while navigate on AP, does it automatically take the exit? or do I have to engage it by turning on the blinkers? When I tried NV on AP it kept on going past the exit and did not exit automatically.

Should automatically turn on blinker and take the exit.

There are occasionally specific exits the system does not support (and it'll tell you that on screen) but it's very rare (at least around here)

2. while on navigate on AP does it respond to traffic lights on the HWY ? We have a HWY that goes from 75 to 55 with a stoplight and then 75 again.

The car doesn't change behavior for lights anywhere, ever.

(this is allegedly changing sometime soonish)

Are you sure that's a highway though? What would the light be for if it's a controlled access divided highway?

3. Does it change speed with changing speed limits ? I was on a HWY with speed limit 75, and the speed changed to 65 but the car remained on 75 until I clicked the 65 icon on the screen.

Depends on your settings. Read the section on this in the owners manual.

4. If there are multiple occupants in the vehicle, does the vehicle sense it and automatically route through the HOV lane if that is available on the HWY?

Nope. Using HOV lanes or not is a setting on the car you control.

5. If autopilot is engaged on streets

Then you're using it someplace it's explicitly not intended to be used right now. Anything it does right or wrong in this situation is entirely on you.

Again see owners manual.