Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Steps: Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Krock65

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2020
Ridgecrest, CA
I'm told I have everything done and I'm just waiting for a VIN, but there's one thing in my account that concerns me... I uploaded my proof of insurance card in the Insurance section of Next Steps and I see that it shows up there appropriately. But the site doesn't behave as if I've completed that step. Insurance still shows up in Next Steps vs. Completed Tasks. Is this normal? I'm itching to get my MY, and I don't want any glitches holding things up. Thanks for any words of wisdom, and Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm told I have everything done and I'm just waiting for a VIN, but there's one thing in my account that concerns me... I uploaded my proof of insurance card in the Insurance section of Next Steps and I see that it shows up there appropriately. But the site doesn't behave as if I've completed that step. Insurance still shows up in Next Steps vs. Completed Tasks. Is this normal? I'm itching to get my MY, and I don't want any glitches holding things up. Thanks for any words of wisdom, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Totally normal. I'm on that step also and have spoken to someone at Tesla. Nothing left for us to do but wait for a VIN. Happy Thanksgiving!

Been stuck at that step for months now (August) and since insurance has to have the car's vin on it, not much I can do until I get a VIN...
I’m in CA, so I don’t need a VIN on my insurance, but the system doesn’t seem to recognize that. But...August!? Have you been putting any deliveries off or any other issues, or are you rightfully putting me into panic mode? I’m ready to pick up a car NOW!

• Funny
Reactions: AmbienWalrus