Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Tesla CEO/COO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you thoughts about Tesla stock if Elon decides to step down? Some people say that it will be the end of the world because of the Elon premium and that it will cut the PE by half. I was looking at what happened when Jeff Bezos stepped down and the stock did nothing and went up on the days after the announcement and it hit AH the date he stepped down but those were different times when all the stock were ripping in 2021.

Elon confirmed he is going nowhere at the shareholders meeting.

Elon, I'm afraid, confirms lots of things. Like supercharging should always be free, or we'll never ever use advertising. To borrow from the beginning and the end. It's just a matter of time. But then that's true of every leader of every company. I think it's in the next 5 years, at the most. Probably less.

Elon confirmed he is going nowhere at the shareholders meeting.

I'm starting to think it would be better if he stayed with Twitter. Share price can still go lower, so more to be done there.

Don't care for his recent comments about hiring and during the CNBC interview.

I'm not talking politics here, just those kind of actions and statements are not in line with the company mission nor share value.

I'm sure I'm not the only shareholder that does care about money, and I don't care for reckless statements by anyone in management.

I
What are you thoughts about Tesla stock if Elon decides to step down? Some people say that it will be the end of the world because of the Elon premium and that it will cut the PE by half. I was looking at what happened when Jeff Bezos stepped down and the stock did nothing and went up on the days after the announcement and it hit AH the date he stepped down but those were different times when all the stock were ripping in 2021.

I'm staying long just for that reason. It won't be the end of the company if he leaves, in fact it might be the beginning.

Frankly, hope he leaves soon before China catches up, esp CATL with their rumored SS cells.

Well respected CFO...this is a loss.

btw: 13 years is a long time to be in key roles in frenzied Tesla.

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense. CFOs step down all the time. And the market doesn't like it when that CFO has been a stable factor who has been able to show good financials. It doesn't know if the newcomer will be an equally stable factor. I think the market is overrating the importance of a CFO (he doesn't design cars, build factories, develop batteries, sell products), but that's for another discussion. But fraud?!? Sure, if a CFO is being fired, that could indicate something is up. But a CFO stepping down and staying on till the end of the year? That is definitely not an indication of possible fraud.

Indeed, the new CFO is the existing Chief Accounting Officer (you know, the guy that actually prepares those quarterly financial results?) So from today's 8-K the 'new guy' is hardly new: ;)

This next part of the 8-K filing is IMPORTANT:

Having an new Tesla CFO who has work experience at a major international Accounting firm in India might be an *slight* advantage for a fast-growing company about to invest Billion$ in a new car factory in, like, you know, INDIA? :D

Cheers to the coming Gigafactory!

Reactions: Artful Dodger
Other comments I made on X to allay the fears of those freaking out:

The fact that Vaibhav was named CFO (and not 'Interim CFO') indicates to me that this was a well planned succession move. Vaibhav has been groomed for this role. I expect no hiccups with the transition.

From my experience, staying on to December is an indication that this was a planned succession move. When there is some issue, it is not a good idea to have someone hanging around that is not happy.

I made this comment in a private chat when someone started suggesting fraud:

If there was any fraud or a required misstatement with the financials, Tesla would not be giving the Chief Accounting Officer the CFO role. I am confident this is not the reason for Zach leaving. If there is fraud, the CAO goes too.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Several have mentioned Zach returning. I think it is more likely he follows JB. Sets up a small related company. He can then get a board seat and compete with JB for next Chairperson.

I heard the real reason Zach is taking a sabatical is so that he can train full time for his upcoming cage-match with Luca Maestri. Rumour not confirmed as of yet. /s

ric-flair-memes-featured.jpg

Jeers! :D

• Funny
Reactions: CorneliusXX
It's got to be Drew now. His delivery of 4680s may not be stellar and he doesn't have AGI cred but I think his personality wins out:

Tesla Masterplan 3.0 is increasingly about energy and Drew has been leading the energy work. Tom is cool because he is super intelligent and can work super fast like Elon. He is great for building factories, but according to this chart that's not even the biggest investment for Tesla and they have already laid much of the foundation:
View attachment 925706

I think Drew has a pretty good understanding of the other parts also. As for AGI, Optimus, Dojo etc they are mostly a side project, like AWS is a side project(which happens to be >100% of their profit) to Amazon. He can let Ashook, Milan and Bannon run that show.

Nonpaywall:
Him eventually becoming CEO seems likely as so many companies are led by brahmins nowadays ^^

CompanyCEO
MicrosoftSatya Nadella
Alphabet (Google)Sundar Pichai
NovartisVasant Narsimhan
AdobeShantanu Narayan
IBMArvind Krishna
StarbucksLaxman Narsimhan
Vertex PharmaceuticalsReshma Kewalramani
Micron TechnologySanjay Mehrotra
Cadence Design SystemAnirudh Devgan
Palo Alto NetworkNikesh Arora
VMwareRangarajan Raghuram