Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Next Tesla CEO/COO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was Zach the chosen one? Definitely a loss whatever. Drew didn't say much on the call. Was Lars the other prominent speaker? No obvious candidate.

Blaming macro is definitely a bad sign. CEOs who do that almost never attribute successful quarters to macro but in any case, if your business is dependent on macro, then you are not in control.

Blaming macro is definitely a bad sign. CEOs who do that almost never attribute successful quarters to macro but in any case, if your business is dependent on macro, then you are not in control.
Tesla are doing great - Elon was complaining about interest rates which Darth Powell could reduce immediately. Sure it is an excuse for a slight shortfall but Elon is more concerned about the wider impact on the economy. This was a quarterly economy call and the media will no doubt miss it and carry on as if everything is fine.

Tesla are doing great - Elon was complaining about interest rates which Darth Powell could reduce immediately. Sure it is an excuse for a slight shortfall but Elon is more concerned about the wider impact on the economy. This was a quarterly economy call and the media will no doubt miss it and carry on as if everything is fine.
Musk looks like he is steadily building up a grandiose personality disorder. He is obviously an extremely talented entrepreneur, but that does not make him an expert on neither economics nor foreign policy. And a quarterly call for Tesla's shareholders is not his platform to spread personal views on macro. Now, this is not limited to Musk, various CEOs who have had success forget their duties and limitations. He should study Marcus Aurelius.

Reactions: rallykeeper
Musk looks like he is steadily building up a grandiose personality disorder. He is obviously an extremely talented entrepreneur, but that does not make him an expert on neither economics nor foreign policy. And a quarterly call for Tesla's shareholders is not his platform to spread personal views on macro. Now, this is not limited to Musk, various CEOs who have had success forget their duties and limitations. He should study Marcus Aurelius.

I will have to disagree with you. Elon isn't building up at personality disorder he already has one. In fact, he's admitted himself. Although I think it's more extensive than he understands.

He has limited native emotional ability. He has to generate it intellectually. He's got that to spare, and it's helpful, but he's a long ways from getting people.

Reactions: CitizenKane
I will have to disagree with you. Elon isn't building up at personality disorder he already has one. In fact, he's admitted himself. Although I think it's more extensive than he understands.

He has limited native emotional ability. He has to generate it intellectually. He's got that to spare, and it's helpful, but he's a long ways from getting people.
I guess I should myself be careful with diagnosing someone, I have no education in that, but in the past I felt it was more rare that the Asperger Musk himself mentions interfered with his success as an entrepreneur. He was super focused on building successful businesses. Then he has wanted to be a comedian, a politician and now an economist. I am not impressed with him in any of those roles.

I can't bring myself to read it. There might be some truth in it... :(
Dumb idea, for starters Elon's strength is in manufacturing, building physical things, not in AI. Also for xAI to be able to compete they need enormous amount of money, where does Elon get this money if he quits Tesla? He also assumes Tesla will be fine without Elon, which is unsubstantiated. If someone can replace Elon, then get this guy to be COO for a few years and prove to us he can actually do it first.

I can't bring myself to read it. There might be some truth in it... :(
Except the truth is that Elon has no usefulness in machine learning or AI. His usefulness was primarily in getting funding for SX and Tesla in the early days and knowing how to shake money out of VCs and tech bros. That skill---very important for a startup---is no longer an asset.

On AI he doesn't know what he doesn't know and has no good instincts, in comparison to mechanical engineering .And I think his brain is part fried from drugs and he doesn't think it is, another characteristic of stimulant abusers.

For a much much lower amount than Elon is demanding, the board could hire Ilya Sutskever to do it and get him and Andrej Karpathy back from OpenAI and compensate for their lost IPO profits. To do that, they have to not report to Elon anywhere in the chain.