Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Night driving temporary panic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several times coming off the freeway slowing down on the off ramp I have looked down through the steering wheel to check my speed and thought "Yikes, all my gauges are dark and dash lights are off! Must have a blown fuse!!" Then I realize I'm in my Model 3 and the "dash" is a black hole at night.

LOL same thing happened to me a couple of times. The mind drifts, then I glance down and see just darkness... years of instinct takes over... no engine sound... PANIC!!! Glad it’s not just me :)

My issues are now with legacy type vehicles. In my BMW, I often hit the wipers when I want to go from reverse to forward. I leave my BMW unlocked as I walk away from it forgetting that it does not have auto lock. I also noticed that I drive the BMW a little harder and faster off the line...

My issues are now with legacy type vehicles. In my BMW, I often hit the wipers when I want to go from reverse to forward. I leave my BMW unlocked as I walk away from it forgetting that it does not have auto lock. I also noticed that I drive the BMW a little harder and faster off the line...
^^This^^, I have to take an extra few seconds to remember how to drive my old Corolla before I pull out of the drive way and then go through my mental checklist before I get out of it and walk away: in park? ignition off? keys out of column? door locked?

Several times coming off the freeway slowing down on the off ramp I have looked down through the steering wheel to check my speed and thought "Yikes, all my gauges are dark and dash lights are off! Must have a blown fuse!!" Then I realize I'm in my Model 3 and the "dash" is a black hole at night.

Ok so I have stereotyped you as follows... You have multiple vehicles. The average age of those vehicles is 30+ years. I feel this is the only way someone would automatically think that they blew a fuse causing the dash lights to go out. haha

Ok so I have stereotyped you as follows... You have multiple vehicles. The average age of those vehicles is 30+ years. I feel this is the only way someone would automatically think that they blew a fuse causing the dash lights to go out. haha
My grandfather's 1923 Model TT Ford and a 1930 Model A Ford brings down my fleet average age for sure! And they don't even have a lighted dash but I don't ever drive them after dark....

• Funny
Reactions: derotam