Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nikola is going in for a service check on the reverse/phone kill issue again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
For those of you familiar with this issue, my phone calls turn into pops, clicks and beeps, whenever I'm reversing out of a spot. the great mobile tech replaced my amp a few weeks ago, and that resolved the poor quality sound (on the far side) while in drive mode. For the record, my 2021 LRAWD is on 2023.6.8 and my phone is an Apple 14 Pro Max, so all is pretty much up-to-date. This has been an ongoing issue since I got "Nikola". I wonder is changing out the MCU might help this time? Nothing else seems to have worked so far.

Anyone out there with similar issues, or no issues at all, using the same config? Just wondering.

I'm having a hard time believing that this is a known issue. How can it be a "feature" to cut out the far side person, during a call, while reversing? Now I was told that the next firmware update should address this (again). I'm not really convinced that this would resolve it. And how does one explain, my cameras blanking out occasionally, when in reverse? I contend that this may be an MCU2 issue. Just my 2¢

Peace out - JP