Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nitron Street series shocks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my rear shocks replaced last winter after one of the rear shocks snapped of somehow. :confused: After ordering a new replacement demper for the rear planning to get them both reworked to get them to match it turned out to be difficult. Bilstein SC needed special tooling for the rear shocks to recharge them they did not want to invest in and parts they told me were not available anymore so sort of dead end. Tesla had also issues location a demper and in the end I got a completed set off 4 sent with €1,076.03 for the rears and €1,362.81 for the fronts each price tag sent before tax. Learning this would be a problem again later in the cars life looked for better options. For the rears I got a new set of adjustable ones build by intrax ( €1420.- for the set). Contrary the rear Bilstein front overhaul turned to be quite easy to get done in the end by them as well with standard parts. These high end shocks are made to be serviced on a regular basis and not to tossed out after so many years tesla expects you to do. Feels almost they tell you when your tires are worn you have to replace them with the expensive rims as well when you bring the car in for service.
Weeks before this all happend I got advised by the people at the tesla SC, after the had problems to get the car driving straight, to replace the rear upper wishbone due to worn out bushings. Getting work on the car done now good moment to get all of them replaced with a new set of powerflex bushings.( PF34-201 and PF34-202)
I can really recommend the intrax option for Europe for sure: Intrax Racing
Really liked the care and service of speed-equipment.eu for doing the work on the car in there shop.
Im a happy camper again with the updates.

I talked to German Bilstein Service. The guy told me that those shocks haven been produced for Tesla. He wasn't sure though if it would be possible to take the one from the Elise and exchange the spring for the rear shocks since there is a lot more weight than with the Elise. I have to get back to him via E-Mail to see if he is willing to put some work into that and get an valid answer for us.
There are rumors that Bilstein Service will end the overworking end of 2018. I wasn't told though by the guy. But I will ask in my mail, too.

It is quite possible that the shock itself is standard but the springs must accommodate to the weight of the car. I might pass by a garage near by my place working on Lotus' cars. Might be worth a try...

Reactions: Rolf68
I have a feeling the valving on the Tesla unit is more restrictive. The lotus one will be set for a rebound weight according to the stock weight and spring. This is why the adjustables for a lotus work on our cars, we can dial it up as if we were sriffening the lotus ride. That being said I was quite prepaired to have a couple of lotus shocks with tesla springs as a temporary measure to order new shocks.