Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Ohlins - Road & Track DFV Coilover Systems - In Stock!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ohlins R&T Street Tuned kits now fully stocked - ready to ship or install!

52263615988_88e4a32308_b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hyp36rmax
Is the kit capable to raise the car by 10mm higher?
the rear R&T damper only has 120mm of stroke vs 160 for the stock one and the stock springs have no preload adjustment before coil bind. If you remove 2 of the 10mm spacers then you get 140mm. You would need longer springs front and rear to get a lift over MYP levels.

New Ohlins street has longer springs and might actually have some spring adjustment range. The damping is very good for a street setup vs the R&T that's only good for the track.

the rear R&T damper only has 120mm of stroke vs 160 for the stock one and the stock springs have no preload adjustment before coil bind. If you remove 2 of the 10mm spacers then you get 140mm. You would need longer springs front and rear to get a lift over MYP levels.

New Ohlins street has longer springs and might actually have some spring adjustment range. The damping is very good for a street setup vs the R&T that's only good for the track.
You have to reposition the division piston in the rear damper when you remove the external spacers though. Do absolutely not remove them without doing that, and of course the reason they are there, not without getting a spring with more stroke.

The Street tuned have a lot of adjustments in height. But not +10mm lift in the front. They will coil bind if preloaded that much.
The R&T is very much in line with the rest of their R&T products for BMW and Porsches etc.

The only way to lift with the Ohlins R&T is to extend the shock bodies and reduce compression travel. Not ideal IMO.
I like being able to clear rocks. Also, the springs are so stiff on the RT, I don't bottom out. I'm sure it'd be better on the track to drop it down. Might even improve the ride with these springs. I'm not sure about reduced compression travel. I guess I'll take your word for it. Not sure how I'd measure it.

I like being able to clear rocks. Also, the springs are so stiff on the RT, I don't bottom out. I'm sure it'd be better on the track to drop it down. Might even improve the ride with these springs. I'm not sure about reduced compression travel. I guess I'll take your word for it. Not sure how I'd measure it.
Don’t worry, if done correctly you haven’t lost any more compression travel than what the R&T kit was designed for. If you extend the shock length the same amount (compensated for the motion ratio) as you have raised the vehicle you get the same compression travel.

Don’t worry, if done correctly you haven’t lost any more compression travel than what the R&T kit was designed for. If you extend the shock length the same amount (compensated for the motion ratio) as you have raised the vehicle you get the same compression travel.
My assumption is that Redwood knows their stuff. I'm exploring options with them. The reason I felt comfortable going with the RT is that I know I hit some darn hard bumps, and I don't want to bottom out.