Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ Cherry Hill Delivery-mixed feelings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2013 Model S is in for a new driveline and TPMS. So far, the contact has been good. It would be nice if you could get a human being on the phone BEFORE you show up rather than use the app, but once you do your intake, you can contact your service advisor directly. I did get an S loaner, but during heavy times, they run out. I've gotten Enterprise ICE's before, which is acceptable, but was never sent home in an UBER. That's just wrong. This transition to app based service is glitchy, to say the least. I hope Tesla gets it together. I"m planning to trade my S for a 3 or a Y this year. I'm a bit nervous, but an out of warranty S can get expensive to maintain. That said, I don't think Cherry Hill is better or worse than other locations. This is a systemic problem based on App being point of 1st contact. Once you're in, it gets better and you can communicate with a human. I don't like the new system, but I'm afraid it's the way of the future..

My 2013 Model S is in for a new driveline and TPMS. So far, the contact has been good. It would be nice if you could get a human being on the phone BEFORE you show up rather than use the app, but once you do your intake, you can contact your service advisor directly. I did get an S loaner, but during heavy times, they run out. I've gotten Enterprise ICE's before, which is acceptable, but was never sent home in an UBER. That's just wrong. This transition to app based service is glitchy, to say the least. I hope Tesla gets it together. I"m planning to trade my S for a 3 or a Y this year. I'm a bit nervous, but an out of warranty S can get expensive to maintain. That said, I don't think Cherry Hill is better or worse than other locations. This is a systemic problem based on App being point of 1st contact. Once you're in, it gets better and you can communicate with a human. I don't like the new system, but I'm afraid it's the way of the future..
I was contacted by someone letting me know my Model 3 had a recall for the charging pins. I asked if I could also get the HW3 upgrade since I had full self driving. He said yes and automatically the appointment we agreed to via email showed up in my app. They offered me Uber credits on the day of the service and I told them it wouldn't work (which it wouldn't) because I had some meetings I had to get to in a couple of places 45 min - an hour from there. Once I said that they gave me a black model S (likely 2013). They had the whole service done in 3 hours and i returned the car in the 4th hour. So sometimes, like in my case, everything went really smoothly. I'm sure they have some better, some worse appointment experiences end to end. If they didnt have a rental for me, it would have been very inconvenient.

I was contacted by someone letting me know my Model 3 had a recall for the charging pins. I asked if I could also get the HW3 upgrade since I had full self driving. He said yes and automatically the appointment we agreed to via email showed up in my app. They offered me Uber credits on the day of the service and I told them it wouldn't work (which it wouldn't) because I had some meetings I had to get to in a couple of places 45 min - an hour from there. Once I said that they gave me a black model S (likely 2013). They had the whole service done in 3 hours and i returned the car in the 4th hour. So sometimes, like in my case, everything went really smoothly. I'm sure they have some better, some worse appointment experiences end to end. If they didnt have a rental for me, it would have been very inconvenient.
Your HW3 upgrade was done in 3 hours? That’s awesome. Was it in Cherry Hill? I just scheduled through the mobile app but strangely enough it defaulted to mobile service. I’m sure they’ll change it to SC on Monday.

Your HW3 upgrade was done in 3 hours? That’s awesome. Was it in Cherry Hill? I just scheduled through the mobile app but strangely enough it defaulted to mobile service. I’m sure they’ll change it to SC on Monday.
Yep done in Cherry Hill. I was actually told the charging pin recall fix can be done via mobile service but when I asked if they could do the HW3 upgrade they told me I'd have to go in the service center for that. They told me the actual swap takes less than an hour for HW3. Its just that sometimes it takes them hours to pull down the firmware and flash the HW3 once installed.

• Helpful
Reactions: C141medic