Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NJ Cherry Hill Delivery-mixed feelings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
566CA1E7-9B4C-44FB-B0F1-0C1E9C6B6A0E.jpeg

0E51EFEF-C9A1-4A94-8DBF-006FF45ADA96.jpeg

1190AB15-E3A3-4B24-A167-402CF5E23FA5.jpeg
A35A4DEC-AC2D-4529-9747-D8E8D88C1E94.jpeg

Whew. Just picked up my M3. First and foremost I want to say that the NJ Cherry Hill staff were excellent. There were M3’s everywhere and they were working very hard to get everyone taken care of. I also love driving the car. I wanted so much to be able to post in the “my delivery and car was perfect” thread but unfortunately I’m unable to.
The issues, in my opinion, are not major but very frustrating nevertheless considering I now have to bring the brand new car back for body/paint work. The car had been delivered since last Thursday and I wish they would’ve called me and given me the option to delay delivery while they had the issues fixed. I’m sure they’ll take care of things but I’m also apprehensive about work being done by the body shop and getting the car back with new issues.
So the issues are:
1. Bumper paint scratches and clear coat problem. Almost looks like a blemish.
2. Deep scratch and dent in the driver door jamb area. (have no idea how that happened)
3. Roof glass looks like it may have cracks towards the edges.
4. Dimple/dent drivers side/rear door which I discovered as I was getting ready to pull out.
5. Wheel not center and slightly to the right.

Despite all these issues I accepted the car and plan on bringing it to my detailer tomorrow for advice. I’m leaning towards that everything will be repairable satisfactorily but I sure wish that I didn’t have to go there.

Your glass is exactly like the one that I got (the Cleveland Fiasco) and mine is already spreading inwards in the area with the worst delamination, about 1/4 inch in the last two days. You better watch that pretty closely and take plenty of pictures.
Great. Any thoughts if I should return at this point or just have them repair issues? Don’t think all the issues compare with yours. I’ll get a better idea tomorrow though when I’m at my detailer. Thanks for the feedback.

Whew. Just picked up my M3. First and foremost I want to say that the NJ Cherry Hill staff were excellent. There were M3’s everywhere and they were working very hard to get everyone taken care of. I also love driving the car. I wanted so much to be able to post in the “my delivery and car was perfect” thread but unfortunately I’m unable to.
The issues, in my opinion, are not major but very frustrating nevertheless considering I now have to bring the brand new car back for body/paint work. The car had been delivered since last Thursday and I wish they would’ve called me and given me the option to delay delivery while they had the issues fixed. I’m sure they’ll take care of things but I’m also apprehensive about work being done by the body shop and getting the car back with new issues.
So the issues are:
1. Bumper paint scratches and clear coat problem. Almost looks like a blemish.
2. Deep scratch and dent in the driver door jamb area. (have no idea how that happened)
3. Roof glass looks like it may have cracks towards the edges.
4. Dimple/dent drivers side/rear door which I discovered as I was getting ready to pull out.
5. Wheel not center and slightly to the right.

Despite all these issues I accepted the car and plan on bringing it to my detailer tomorrow for advice. I’m leaning towards that everything will be repairable satisfactorily but I sure wish that I didn’t have to go there.
Glad you finally got your vehicle and also disappointed to hear and see those problems. I'm disturbed they would deliver the car with that door jamb scratch/dent! And knowing that glass de-lamination is an issue they should be looking for that too. Did they point those out or did you have to show them?

Glad you finally got your vehicle and also disappointed to hear and see those problems. I'm disturbed they would deliver the car with that door jamb scratch/dent! And knowing that glass de-lamination is an issue they should be looking for that too. Did they point those out or did you have to show them?
Thanks, I’m disappointed as well. They actually pointed out the door jamb scratch/dent and the “blemish” issue with the bumper. I discovered the rest. On a positive note, the car drives great. :)

• Helpful
Reactions: KnoxEVfan
I just took delivery an hour ago and am somewhat disappointed.

Multiple clear coat blemishes and scratches they didn't bother to polish that will come out with a paint correction.

Bird *sugar* on the headlight.

Small but irritatingly noticeable paint chip on the drivers door. They offered to "touch it up." Gee, thanks. It's tiny but oh-so white on a MSM car.

Obvious transport damage to the front bumper / lip from being bottomed out with multiple scratches, gouges and paint transfer from something white that they didn't bother to notice / remove.

Pretty underwhelming for a $70k car.

Update:

Just returned from my detailer. So, he couldn’t believe that they would release a vehicle without having repaired the major scratch/scrape and dent in the drivers door jamb. He also examined the rest of the vehicle thoroughly and saw pretty much the same things I saw and indicated there wasn’t anything else major. I think the store definitely could’ve been proactive and at least contacted me to see what I wanted to do, but I guess with all the communication issues that’s the way it is for now. Bottom line is I’m keeping the car because I can live with the issues since they’re not impossible to fix and my detailer said he’s seen worse issues. Now I have to wait for Tesla body shop to repair these issues and unfortunately won’t be able to have my PPF until then. I’ll update as things progress.

So far LOVE the car. Also tried EAP and it’s absolutely the coolest. Only one time did it wake me up when it went from 65 to 45 going under a big overpass. That was fun and I’m glad I didn’t have my Starbucks macchiato in my hand because it would’ve been all over my brand new car.

Update:

Well, my car is still in the shop as of today (dropped it off at the SC 9/27-exactly 10 days after delivery). As expected, the majority of the repairs are body/paint related so it’s taking a little bit of time. The Cherry Hill location has been excellent in keeping me updated (although I did have to call them first yesterday for an update).

Just FYI to others getting similar repairs, it’s okay to let the SC know exactly how you want the repairs to proceed. In my case, I informed the SC that I do not under any circumstances want a Bondo repair to my door sill. They agreed and forwarded my concerns to the outside body shop (that’s one of the reasons it’s taking a little longer because they’re actually “banging out” the dent). I’m hoping for the best and will update with pictures once my M3 is released from the shop.

Gap in bumper area
86AF35C9-234B-4C6B-AB7C-8476B55A05AD.jpeg

Before B5E10834-374F-4C7F-93B6-260B7379333D.jpeg
After564F799B-2109-4B6F-8785-D106B460A51A.jpeg
Windshield scratch 66956BEE-F9CB-48DF-9986-A39377673E76.jpeg

Final delivery repairs update:

Picked car up 10/10. Repairs took longer than I’ve actually been able to drive the car (in shop from 9/27-10/10). Anyway, they were able to address the majority of the issues with good results, with a few exceptions.

The dent/gouge in the door sill repaired perfectly however they (body shop/ SC - not sure) gave me a scratch/chip around the same area as the door sill repair, wtf? The gap between the bumper area and weather stripping apparently “within specs.” Bumper and minor door ding repaired perfectly. The roof glass was not touched apparently because there’s nothing wrong with it. However it’s noted on the due bill and if it gets worse I’ll address it at a later time.

I also noticed today a 1” scratch on the front windshield. I’m going to make the SC aware of it however I think I’ll just take care of it myself at this point. Overall I’m very happy with the outcome of the repairs and the customer service at the Cherry Hill location. I’m just going to drive my new car for a while before I bring it back for them to fix the scratch. I’m also glad I didn’t reject the car despite these issues upon delivery.

Sorry to hear you had all of these issues. I just received my delivery date today and will be picking it up at the Cherry Hill location in 2 weeks. I'm glad I saw this post. I'll at least have an idea what to look for.

If you don't mind, what detailer are you taking your car to for PPF.

Sorry to hear you had all of these issues. I just received my delivery date today and will be picking it up at the Cherry Hill location in 2 weeks. I'm glad I saw this post. I'll at least have an idea what to look for.

If you don't mind, what detailer are you taking your car to for PPF.
Thanks and congrats. I’m planning on using
A Buff and Beyond Detailing - Detailing Services for Central New Jersey
Ask for Nick. He’s very knowledgeable and has a very nice shop. He also has great reviews. He had just completed another M3 AWD (same color as mine) and it looked great.

• Helpful
Reactions: webdbbt
Thanks and congrats. I’m planning on using
A Buff and Beyond Detailing - Detailing Services for Central New Jersey
Ask for Nick. He’s very knowledgeable and has a very nice shop. He also has great reviews. He had just completed another M3 AWD (same color as mine) and it looked great.

Thanks for the info!

Finally picked mine up last Saturday at Cherry Hill. It was really hard to focus looking for issues with the car. I was so distracted with "Must. Drive. Now." thoughts. The car looked pretty good though. The only real problem...it was raining. It didn't take long for the car to get dirty.

Thanks for the info!

Finally picked mine up last Saturday at Cherry Hill. It was really hard to focus looking for issues with the car. I was so distracted with "Must. Drive. Now." thoughts. The car looked pretty good though. The only real problem...it was raining. It didn't take long for the car to get dirty.
Good to hear you didn’t have any issues with the car. Congrats and good luck.

I purchased my model 3 online on the 30th of October and went into the Cherry Hill location on the 31st for a test drive. Nice people there! My M3 is belting delivered to my home. I wasn’t given a choice when ordering. I’ll make sure to spend time looking at the car thouroughly since I’ve seen a lot of similar issues to yours. I got a text last night for 12/3 delivery.