Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No 2020 VIN delivery until Nov 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call today a little before noon saying that they got the go ahead to begin deliveries of the 2020 vehicles, so I picked mine up this evening. Delivery went very smoothly today. If it weren't for the snafu last week, it would have been an excellent order and delivery experience. Didn't really see any issues with the car when I picked it up, no bad panel gaps or anything, so overall an extra 5 day delay isn't all that bad.

I just got a call AGAIN after confirming my delivery for tomorrow that the car has STILL not even arrived at the delivery location. I have now been pushed back a week from my original date and they couldn't give me a date or time for delivery.. This is crazy.

I just got a call AGAIN after confirming my delivery for tomorrow that the car has STILL not even arrived at the delivery location. I have now been pushed back a week from my original date and they couldn't give me a date or time for delivery.. This is crazy.

How much do you want to be freaked out?

One of my previous purchases, this happened for a month. When I finally showed up anyway to complain, I was finally shown the truth. My car had damage and they wanted to get it fixed before I took delivery. Apparently, they're only forced to disclose if it was above a certain amount. I made them write on the due bill that they were going to replace the entire panel and not cut and repair it like they wanted. In hindsight, I should've just ordered a new car because shortly after new hardware came out. The manager even tried to persuade me to, but I was too impatient to wait.

On the other hand, there's a lot of things going on right now. Perhaps it's just delayed due to logistics.

How much do you want to be freaked out?

One of my previous purchases, this happened for a month. When I finally showed up anyway to complain, I was finally shown the truth. My car had damage and they wanted to get it fixed before I took delivery. Apparently, they're only forced to disclose if it was above a certain amount. I made them write on the due bill that they were going to replace the entire panel and not cut and repair it like they wanted. In hindsight, I should've just ordered a new car because shortly after new hardware came out. The manager even tried to persuade me to, but I was too impatient to wait.

On the other hand, there's a lot of things going on right now. Perhaps it's just delayed due to logistics.

Yeah I have a feeling they are not telling me something.. It just got pushed AGAIN! This time with no call, I had to refresh my Tesla dashboard to see the date change. This is unreal... I am getting really annoyed at this point.

Yeah I have a feeling they are not telling me something.. It just got pushed AGAIN! This time with no call, I had to refresh my Tesla dashboard to see the date change. This is unreal... I am getting really annoyed at this point.

How long has it been and how many times have they cancelled? I’d show up and request a cancellation in person. See what they say then.

What is the 10th character of your VIN?

IIRC, Tesla doesn't build any "next model year" vehicles until around the very end of December.

Based on this and a few of the Model 3 threads, I think Tesla is changing this policy. My guess is they started having a hard time selling the current year model cars for full price in December then delivering them to folks in January. Most people would want a discount buying last year’s car in Jan. Probably just bowing to market forces. (Full disclosure: I took delivery of a 2017 full priced Model 3 in Jan 2018. I understood how Tesla worked, but I can see them having issues with that with the mass market).

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Has anyone actually seen/sat in the new seats to say they are in fact better. I get the pocket in the back is nice, but interested in the actual comfort of the seat?

Better is kind of subjective. A good question is - does anyone dislike the current seats to roll the dice on a new one?

If you like the current ones, it might not be worth it. If you dislike the current ones, we’ll why not.

Reactions: msm859
Maybe new seats are much better, maybe not...

My concern is in the approach - I did a test drive in the old seats. I liked it and ordered the car. Now I'm going to get something different from what I've chosen before. It's fine that Tesla is constantly changes, but why can't they apply changes to only *new* orders after the announcement. By the way seats are not a show-stopper for me and I will buy this car anyway - that is probably the *why* Tesla is doing like that.

Maybe new seats are much better, maybe not...

My concern is in the approach - I did a test drive in the old seats. I liked it and ordered the car. Now I'm going to get something different from what I've chosen before. It's fine that Tesla is constantly changes, but why can't they apply changes to only *new* orders after the announcement. By the way seats are not a show-stopper for me and I will buy this car anyway - that is probably the *why* Tesla is doing like that.

Theres always an inventory car, usually the current stock gets a discount too when new things like this get rolled out.

Recommend you wait. My Blue Raven X was damaged on delivery and they wouldn't let me see it. Something to do with the wheel well lining. Still acts up every time I go through the car wash, and of course, my dual motor logo is still crooked and pointing skyward and my passenger door won't open by pressing the handle. Haven't had time to take it back yet. You ordered a new car, not a repaired one! Waiting is far better than lamenting.