Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No audio after using reverse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got updated to the latest firmware a couple of days ago.

I’ve found if I’m listening to radio or phone music then I hit reverse the audio muted. Going back into drive it is still silent. Volume shows correct level. Changing songs or picking a different radio station has no effect.

Only way to get audio to play is go to Any Music tab and pick something. Then audio is heard again and I can switch back to radio or phone.

Anyone else having this problem? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

I’m having the same problem since update last week. Also having issues with my phone calls not wanting to go through the car.

It’s fixed for me now. I followed advice in this forum to soft reset and no more issues since then. (Soft reset: hold both scroll wheel button pressed for 10 seconds til screen goes black. Let go see Tesla logo and system back up and running 10s later). No audio muting problems.

Similar issues here.....Radio is now muted e-v-uh-r-y......s-i-n-g-l-e.....t-i-m-e.....I get into the car. A single bump on the scroll button or a touch to the screen brings back audio. We've done several double scroll reboots, but it has effected no change or correction.

Ugh.....Some days it's tough being a trailblazer......2 steps forward and one step back! Still love my car though!

Similar issues here.....Radio is now muted e-v-uh-r-y......s-i-n-g-l-e.....t-i-m-e.....I get into the car. A single bump on the scroll button or a touch to the screen brings back audio. We've done several double scroll reboots, but it has effected no change or correction.

Ugh.....Some days it's tough being a trailblazer......2 steps forward and one step back! Still love my car though!

Try doing nothing and see if it changes on its own. It seems that in reverse it is quiet, then when we go into drive it fades back to the old volume level. My daughter joked that it does it so you can concentrate on driving.

Thanks for the tips Beaver! Never a dull moment......ha! :confused:

Seems to be happening without a resolution here......We'll be driving down the road, well into our trip, when we realize that the radio's not making any sound. It's usually at that point that we realize that it hasn't been on since we left home. Further "investigation" (read: now paying attention) is where we found that it's consistently muted.