TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No car/VIN but can log into app

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by TheLocNar, Aug 6, 2018.

1. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

I swear I saw a thread here or at another Tesla forum about the mobile app now having informational videos. For the heck of it (can’t sleep) I decided to try to log into the app. Before, I’d get the “no tesla product linked to this account” warning. At least now I can login and see the loot box now. Any sign of progress is welcomed. :)))

2. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Does that mean you got a car assigned to you?

3. Koflach

Koflach Member

no, it just means you've ordered a car and you have a referral code.

4. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

#4 TheLocNar, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Heh I wish, but nope. Just glad they haven’t lost or forgotten about me. :)

5. JTesmod3

JTesmod3 Member

I think everyone who ordered the car and updated the app has access to it now. I believe it has more to do with the app update vs progress towards getting your car

• Like x 1
  6. goodlucktj

goodlucktj Member

At the risk of fanning flames, I also got my referral code via e-mail, along with telling me I have unlimited supercharging (I ordered P3D). I too am now allowed in the Tesla app. But I also received an e-mail from a delivery rep confirming my settings.

Make sure you're looking for an e-mail from [email protected]. The subject of my e-mail was 'Model 3 Delivery' - I honestly almost glossed over it before realizing what it was since the 'To:' field didn't say 'Tesla'.

Again - this may all just be a coincidence for me personally, and I'm not trying to give you any false hopes...but yeah, I got the notice about free supercharging and an e-mail from the delivery rep about 10 minutes later.

7. haromaem

haromaem Member

:( Was hoping that meant car was getting made and VIN to be assigned shortly