Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No car wash mode on MX 2018 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably an already existing question, but didn't find the answer quickly...

I don't see any car wash mode on my MX 2018 100D.
It is upgraded to MCU2/HW3, software 2024.20.1.

I tought it was only a matter of software upgrade to have it, but no luck.

Probably an already existing question, but didn't find the answer quickly...

I don't see any car wash mode on my MX 2018 100D.
It is upgraded to MCU2/HW3, software 2024.20.1.

I tought it was only a matter of software upgrade to have it, but no luck.
It is really not that big of a deal. The main thing it does is fold in the side mirrors which you can already do by location anyway. It also shuts off the auto wipers. But they are already shut off when the vehicle is in Neutral.

So once you set the mirrors to fold by location and are in the habit of placing the car in neutral, you never have to worry about car wash mode again.

It is really not that big of a deal. The main thing it does is fold in the side mirrors which you can already do by location anyway. It also shuts off the auto wipers. But they are already shut off when the vehicle is in Neutral.

So once you set the mirrors to fold by location and are in the habit of placing the car in neutral, you never have to worry about car wash mode again.

I tried leaving the car unlocked but it self-locked.
I then disabled sentry and alarms, mirrors self-folded.
It went well.

Was worried about the anti-theft to start screaming and in case of self door opening (lol...) but nothing happened.

From what I've read around in other posts, it seems that the best option is to do the following:
1) leave the keyfob in car (no self lock)
2) disable auto-wipers
3) fold mirrors manually

Personally, I locked the MX and had no issues (+disable sentry +disable alarm)
Anything dangerous I may have overlooked ?