Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car washing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It shouldn't:
I can see that is says that is disables them, but I can't see where it says what it re-enables...

Given my experience with profiles, I kind of have a feeling that when turning a profile on, the car doesn't respect the 'favourites' like home very well - It is almost like the car only knows when you 'enter' an area, not when it is just sitting there. I have seen my wife's car select my profile on entry (which is cool), but if I don't move the car, Sentry Mode remains activated, however, if I drive round the block and back home, when I get out, Sentry Mode goes off, 'cos the car knows it's home.

Leads me to think that exiting car wash mode activates a profile, possibly leaving Sentry Mode on?

On another point completely, my iPhone app showed this the other day - why the 🥓 for the rear seats (I assume) suddenly?

1718725959603.png

Attachments

• 1718725767102.png
    1718725767102.png
    205.5 KB · Views: 4
I briefly tried the car wash mode this afternoon on my drive. However when I checked my car just now, I was surprised to find sentry mode was in operation!
Turned sentry off via the app, but maybe something to watch out for if you are considering using this feature...
By the way, the same happens (sentry turns on) when I exit "service mode".
I'll check what is set in the profiles...

It doesn't have an auto wash setting.
You still would have to be in it and manually put it in Neutral to use an auto wash.

I don't recommend auto washes anyway, especially do not use an undercarriage wash! That pressure can get between the under panels and harm the battery.

In a pinch, I have used a touchless auto wash, just the quick wash option. Then hand dried.
But I'm particular. I've done a full rinse/decon/wash/clay bar/power RO buff/polish. So I'm a bit crazy. :p
It does have a free roll activation button in carwash mode - if its a pull through wash like IMO car washes you can engage car wash mode, have the hand pre wash, pull up to the chain conveyor that pulls your car through the wash, press break pedal and the free roll button will turn blue, press that and release foot brake and car will be in neutral while wipers, charge port, windows, boot, frunk etc are prevented from activating. Works a treat