Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No cellular service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine (2018 Model X 100D) has been doing this since the last update, and coincidently a road trip to Florida. I've noticed if I reboot in an area with a strong signal, more than 3 bars, or at home with WiFi, it will come on and stay until I shutdown in an area with 2 bars or less, then it gives up and won't connect again until I reboot in a good coverage area. Other sites have mentioned a bent antenna? Tesla Service tomorrow.

Mine (2018 Model X 100D) has been doing this since the last update, and coincidently a road trip to Florida. I've noticed if I reboot in an area with a strong signal, more than 3 bars, or at home with WiFi, it will come on and stay until I shutdown in an area with 2 bars or less, then it gives up and won't connect again until I reboot in a good coverage area. Other sites have mentioned a bent antenna? Tesla Service tomorrow.

Hmmm, this is the first time it's happened to me in the 8,000+ miles I've driven my MS.

My 3G connection has been out for about 3 weeks now, it happen while I was up in Karumba in the North Queensland Gulf country, where there is limited mobile coverage.

The car rebooted while I was driving then when it started back up it was completely blanked, dash screen flickered a few times. Had to set all settings again, even forgot the car name and wifi passwords etc. plus cleared the trips! After the first reboot, the car thinks it's Palo Alto, as requiring another reboot, loosing any settings I changed again.

When I was in Brisbane, Qld, I had Brisbane Service Centre look at it while the car was getting it's airbag recall done and had no 3G since, WiFi OK using mobile hot spot from my phone, home WiFi.

Service centre says MCS has lost a partition and needs engineering to log in to the car remotely to repair, I don't if they have yet.

Is from excessive logging, possible memory failure?

The car doesn't show it's VIN#, don't know Tesla will be able to find & do their stuff?

Attachments

• lost VIN.jpg
    lost VIN.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 60
I had the Brisbane Service centre log in to the car yesterday, via my home WiFi, they were uploading the latest firmware to the car, I checked a couple of hours later, to find the MCU had rebooted and no firmware update.

Driving the car to work yesterday afternoon, the MCU was continuously rebooting.
Is this a sign of MCU memory failure?

For the last several months, if my car is parked in an area without ATT cell connectivity it will not connect after driving back into a covered area. No navigation, no streaming, etc., until the car is stopped and restarted in a cellular covered area (or maybe driven for over an hour). I went in for service and WAS TOLD THIS IS A KNOWN PROBLEM resulting from a recent FW upgrade AND WILL BE FIXED IN AN UPCOMING RELEASE. Note: I have had my M3 for a year and this is a new problem.

For the last several months, if my car is parked in an area without ATT cell connectivity it will not connect after driving back into a covered area. No navigation, no streaming, etc., until the car is stopped and restarted in a cellular covered area (or maybe driven for over an hour). I went in for service and WAS TOLD THIS IS A KNOWN PROBLEM resulting from a recent FW upgrade AND WILL BE FIXED IN AN UPCOMING RELEASE. Note: I have had my M3 for a year and this is a new problem.

Same issue here.

I park on P2 of a parking garage with no cell service.Running version 2019.15.105. Service will not connect when pulling out of garage.