Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Charging Locations Found

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, I encountered an unexpected challenge while attempting to access a supercharger using my 2020 Model 3. To my surprise, the map displayed the disheartening message: “No Charging Locations Found.” As someone who has been driving this vehicle since it was brand new, this was an unprecedented situation.

I reached out to Tesla’s customer support for guidance. They requested a photo of the error message. Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Tried soft reset, and no change. I am thinking of a Unplug and Reconnect method. (soft reset does not work). Unplugging the 12V battery (located in the front trunk) and the main battery socket beneath the rear back seat. The hope was that this disconnection-reconnection dance would coax the charging locations back into existence.

Attachments

• no chargers.jpg
    no chargers.jpg
    871.1 KB · Views: 5
Recently, I encountered an unexpected challenge while attempting to access a supercharger using my 2020 Model 3. To my surprise, the map displayed the disheartening message: “No Charging Locations Found.” As someone who has been driving this vehicle since it was brand new, this was an unprecedented situation.

I reached out to Tesla’s customer support for guidance. They requested a photo of the error message. Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Tried soft reset, and no change. I am thinking of a Unplug and Reconnect method. (soft reset does not work). Unplugging the 12V battery (located in the front trunk) and the main battery socket beneath the rear back seat. The hope was that this disconnection-reconnection dance would coax the charging locations back into existence.

I guess you'll need to have a Service Center to fix it. It's a car and a car can have something broken at one time or another.

While waiting to fix the navigation map in your car, does your Tesla App on your cell phone display chargers?

Good luck and please tell us how this will be fixed.

I guess you'll need to have a Service Center to fix it. It's a car and a car can have something broken at one time or another.

While waiting to fix the navigation map in your car, does your Tesla App on your cell phone display chargers?

Good luck and please tell us how this will be fixed.
The navigator on the car shows the slow charger location but no supercharger location. Cell phone does show the supercharger location.

The issue has been resolved, although I’m uncertain which method was responsible. I narrowed it down to two possibilities. Initially, soft reset and power-off attempts didn’t yield results. Since my car is out of warranty, I hesitated to contact the Tesla Service Center, especially considering their hotline’s puzzled response—they mentioned they’d need to get back to me.

My next attempt was a hard reset. I disconnected the 12V and main battery connectors beneath the back seat. However, upon powering back on, the supercharger location remained elusive. Frustrated, I decided to perform a factory reset. After the process completed, everything was reset: the map displayed Fremont, and the time was set to USA. Still, the supercharger location remained missing.

Then, it struck me—I had been parked in an underground lot, potentially affecting GPS functionality. I drove my car out, and along the way, a warning popped up, informing me that I was far from a supercharger. A glimmer of hope! After a few minutes of driving, the supercharger location came back online. The only remaining task was setting up my entire profile and adjusting car settings.

In hindsight, my gut feeling leans toward the factory reset as the solution." 🚗✨

Attachments

• PXL_20240428_145527766.jpg
    PXL_20240428_145527766.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20240428_145612463.jpg
    PXL_20240428_145612463.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 2
The issue has been resolved, although I’m uncertain which method was responsible. I narrowed it down to two possibilities. Initially, soft reset and power-off attempts didn’t yield results. Since my car is out of warranty, I hesitated to contact the Tesla Service Center, especially considering their hotline’s puzzled response—they mentioned they’d need to get back to me.

My next attempt was a hard reset. I disconnected the 12V and main battery connectors beneath the back seat. However, upon powering back on, the supercharger location remained elusive. Frustrated, I decided to perform a factory reset. After the process completed, everything was reset: the map displayed Fremont, and the time was set to USA. Still, the supercharger location remained missing.

Then, it struck me—I had been parked in an underground lot, potentially affecting GPS functionality. I drove my car out, and along the way, a warning popped up, informing me that I was far from a supercharger. A glimmer of hope! After a few minutes of driving, the supercharger location came back online. The only remaining task was setting up my entire profile and adjusting car settings.

In hindsight, my gut feeling leans toward the factory reset as the solution." 🚗✨

It sounds like a weak cell phone signal for the car and a weak GPS signal. There is no need for other interventions until you get a clear sky and good signals.

It sounds like a weak cell phone signal for the car and a weak GPS signal. There is no need for other interventions until you get a clear sky and good signals.
No. This problem lasted for nearly two days. Car was driven across the city while, all internal navigation systems, Spotify, traffic alert, and all aspect of premium connectivity was running properly. Also, it was able to show slow charger locations, just not super chargers. Problem was also reported by other users on forums from other parts of the world. Started around April 2024

No. This problem lasted for nearly two days. Car was driven across the city while, all internal navigation systems, Spotify, traffic alert, and all aspect of premium connectivity was running properly. Also, it was able to show slow charger locations, just not super chargers. Problem was also reported by other users on forums from other parts of the world. Started around April 2024
Ok. Like you said, it sounds like a factory reset would fix it.