TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

No communication with Wall

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by acentre, Jul 1, 2018.

1. acentre

acentre Member

Cannot connect to wall with the app. Message

Powerwall Connection Error
    (118431-00-G-T17H0007106

Ideas?
    called Tesla, sending a tech, three weeks from now.

2. arnolddeleon

arnolddeleon Supporting Member

Have you rebooted it? Switch off the Powerwall, then breaker, wait several minutes (I don't recall the exact amount of time) and then reverse. Tesla support had me reboot mine for some troubleshooting a couple of weeks ago.

3. acentre

acentre Member

I rebooted and turned off every component.

4. acentre

acentre Member

Still waiting for Tesla to visit and repair communication problem. It would have been convenient to have a lan connection to plug into and adjust settings.

5. kitk

kitk Model S P85 - VIN#2589

I started having the same problem on 7/6. Tesla claims they are ordering "parts" and then will dispatch a tech to repair. They say they will be replacing an antenna to resolve, which makes no sense since I have an ethernet connection to the gateway. The web page of the gateway loads and just states that it is "Not Connected To Tesla".

I'm on firmware 1.19.0.

6. Shygar

Shygar Member

It takes time for the page to show connected. Mine takes a few minutes, although it's been a few months since I have accessed that page directly. I'm also on Ethernet but not having any issues.

7. zmansd

zmansd Member

Are you using https://<local lan IP>? With 1.90.0 they now require https.

8. kitk

kitk Model S P85 - VIN#2589

Yes I'm using HTTPS. Only checked the web interface since the app on my phone stopped updating.