Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No dash gauges and air vents.... :-(

Is no seperate dash display (HUD or 2nd Screen) a purchase blocker?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We recently purchased a MS as hubby's car (and loving it) and have talked about replacing my vehicle with a Model 3 down the road where I would be the primary driver for mostly local driving. I could care less about HUD personally so that wouldn't be a decider for me but a screen in the middle would. As I've gotten older my vision close up even with prescription changes isn't what it use to be and I'm afraid that having to look farther to the right instead of directly in front of me for the majority of my control indicators would be an issue for me. With the MS we still have that steering wheel centered panel, with just glances over to the maps etc. Another thing I can't help but focus on is that our MS for a luxury priced car is on the minimalist side but I find the Model 3 to be pretty stark in comparison given what I've seen of the preliminary images. I get it's using much of the same technology as our MS and for the price the creature comforts are therefore affected, but I'm thinking it will be too much of a change for me despite the price point. It's got me thinking maybe by the time I retire my car, we'll look at a CPO 2017 MS instead. So far loving the Tesla experience and will definitely check out the 3 when it's in the showroom. But for now had to vote that it would be a blocker due to the sole screen's location.

With the recent news from Elon that a HUD is not likely, and that all but confirming the centre screen will be the only display for speed, energy etc has got me rethinking my reservation.
Am I the only one that feels this could be a deal breaker for their purchase of the Model 3?
One of the major aspects of Teslas is the technology and being able to see and monitor it...
This coupled with the concept cars last year showing no air vents (I like air on my face) is really making me worried I mightn't be purchasing the 3, a car I've waited years for.
Is anyone else in the same boat?

I had the exact same feelings at first. But then as I was driving around, I started looking at what is actually on my dash display.
Oil temp -N/A for Tesla
Fuel level - battery instead, not a big deal to look at the center screen when necessary
Tachometer - N/A for Tesla
Engine temp - N/A for Tesla
Battery level - different meaning for Tesla
Gear position - I only look at it when the car is stopped to shift from park to drive or reverse and back again.
Speed - that's the one that I might miss having front and center, but I could get used to glancing to the middle

Maybe Elon is right - I won't care