Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No ETA with Holiday Nav?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if just me, but put on directions using the nav last night. And it told me 40 miles and 4p arrival time the entire trip.

Meaning, it didn’t count down the miles left or ETA that changed.

Is that also lost in the holiday update?

I'm trying to figure out why the turn by turn directions seem so terrible now. I'm pretty darn sure that in the past I would see the next turn show up on the left panel prominently when it was within the next 30 seconds or so, but now all I get is the directions showing in the very small UI component that lists all navigation steps within the map interface itself. Driving feels so extremely unsafe now compared to my last 2 years of driving the vehicle. Am I just imagining this?!

Edit: Based on a comment I saw in another thread it appears that upcoming navigation step was and should still be showing up in the visualization panel on the left, but that's simply not happening in my 2020 Model Y. I guess this is some bug. This is honestly why I'm to the point of selling my car and just pocketing the profit because the goddamn UX is totally unreliable due to Musk's whims on what the **** to change randomly with terrible QC. The core UX components of the car should NOT change unless explicitly messaged to the user and accepted. The software release notes barely do the job of communicating changes to core component UX elements like moving the speedometer and other similarly critical elements that dramatically impact the safety of operating the vehicle. I don't want to hear a goddamn thing about "that's why you should use Autopilot" and such because it is NOT ready for reliable use even after 5+ years of investment. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY