Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Subscribed to FSD for 2nd time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried FSD on a 2K mile road trip in May and wasn't too impressed. Eventually, I returned to Auto Pilot as FSD's unusual and unexplainable maneuvers bothered the wife and I gave up trying to explain why it did things.

So we are headed back to Maryland to spend Christmas with the grandkids. Our biggest complaints were: Phantom Braking at highway speeds for NO REASON, unusual lane changes, and getting over into the right lane when the Nav was clearly showing an upcoming LEFT turn that we missed a few times because the car couldn't get back into the left turn lane due traffic. I knew going in FSD was coded to follow the RULES OF THE ROAD which most drivers don't follow, pissing off others around me.

FTR: We have a 2022 MYP with HW3 and we are 71.

uH4jwz5.jpg

noZ9lBR.jpg

wzSjxU2.jpg

So I hope there have been some improvements. I'll check back in when we get home on Dec 28th.

Merry Christmas and safe travels for those of us hitting the road for the holidays.

I rarely experience phantom breaking on highways. On city streets, it’s very cautious so any pedestrians or potential cars merging will make it break/slow down. But never had it on highway unless it’s going through a construction area. Changing lane in busy traffic is still a challenge but it seems successful 50% of the time now, and that’s in NYC. It had improved drastically in the last 6 months, I would think it would be different but I haven’t used it in Maryland