Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No heated steering wheel? (Leaf and Bolt have it)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... I want the Model 3. It's the right car for me.

All indications are that like many cars sold today, the Model 3 does not have a heated steering wheel.

And you seem convinced the preheat function that the Model 3 will most likely ship with will not provide you with the driving experience you require.

I'm in the same boat. A Leaf does not have the acceleration, handling, or range that I would need. So regardless what features a Leaf can be ordered with, it can never be an acceptable automobile for me.

Nissan surrendered handling, performance, and battery capacity so you could have other features. It is a better car for you.

I feel like we're pretending that heated wheels are a lot more prevalent than they are. Sure, it would have been awesome to have it as part of the premium package, but there are still a ton of cars out there that don't offer them, or require you to package other things to get them.

I imagine the 3 will eventually get the option, but there are always going to be things first adopters miss out on. People who are worried about that should wait. People who are perpetually worried about what they will miss will perpetually wait.

All indications are that like many cars sold today, the Model 3 does not have a heated steering wheel.

And you seem convinced the preheat function that the Model 3 will most likely ship with will not provide you with the driving experience you require.

I'm in the same boat. A Leaf does not have the acceleration, handling, or range that I would need. So regardless what features a Leaf can be ordered with, it can never be an acceptable automobile for me.

Nissan surrendered handling, performance, and battery capacity so you could have other features. It is a better car for you.
Ok. Thanks.

So a bunch of months later, has it been definitive that none of the 3's come prewired with heated steering wheel (like they came prewired for rear heated seats)?
Not that I have seen, but I assume no prewire. Maybe @wk057 knows or can check. It was pretty cold (ish ;)) last night here in NC. Would be nice to keep the hands warm and glove-free. Heated steering wheel may come or not. I'm going with not for now, and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.