Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No longer sure i want a tesla at all...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will add that both of our Tesla deliveries went well and we’ve been very happy with our cars. The few service visits we’ve had have been pretty smooth as well. Kind of feel prompted by some posts on bad service to mention that this week my husband had an unexpected passenger window problem. Window wouldn’t go back up. Scheduling for an appointment wasn’t going to be until tomorrow. Due to rain this week and the possibility of vandalism to the car (parked outside), he drove it at 4pm to one of our local service centers and they took him in, had the parts in stock and replaced the whole window assembly before 5. All done under warranty. Can’t say enough how great they were.

I will add that both of our Tesla deliveries went well and we’ve been very happy with our cars. The few service visits we’ve had have been pretty smooth as well. Kind of feel prompted by some posts on bad service to mention that this week my husband had an unexpected passenger window problem. Window wouldn’t go back up. Scheduling for an appointment wasn’t going to be until tomorrow. Due to rain this week and the possibility of vandalism to the car (parked outside), he drove it at 4pm to one of our local service centers and they took him in, had the parts in stock and replaced the whole window assembly before 5. All done under warranty. Can’t say enough how great they were.
thanks. yes it seems the service is pretty good, it's the delivery folks who consistently get the mediocre reviews. glad to hear. but to me it's not even the delivery folks, it's the system. they don't communicate. if things are changing or delayed, send the emails that every other company we have ever dealt with are sending (don't know about you but i'm hearing 'we're here to help' in my emails, from companies i haven't dealt with in 20 years LOL)

thanks. yes it seems the service is pretty good, it's the delivery folks who consistently get the mediocre reviews. glad to hear. but to me it's not even the delivery folks, it's the system. they don't communicate. if things are changing or delayed, send the emails that every other company we have ever dealt with are sending (don't know about you but i'm hearing 'we're here to help' in my emails, from companies i haven't dealt with in 20 years LOL)

The flood of emails from companies you haven’t recently dealt with but wanting to be helpful and remembered...lol...yes have been deluged with them too.

Don’t know what things look like this month for Tesla but in the past the last month of quarter deliveries that Tesla will be delivering at some locations will be as many as 100+ cars a day. That’s a busy day for prepping off trailer, making sure paperwork is in order, and arranging for delivery pick up. I don’t think other dealerships have anywhere near that kind of volume, sometimes daily throughout the month but particularly the last few weeks when staff has volunteered to help with deliveries and are racking up lots of overtime. If you think about it traditional dealerships have usually had cars sitting on their lots for weeks, if not months sometimes, so have had way more time to prepare.

My delivery center was doing over 100+ cars the day I was there and they were delivering until midnight. Not every location will be like that but here in a busy metro area it has been that way for some time now. I had a late morning appointment and found the staff very “calm” and professional and very targeted on the process of getting you out. We were able to spend time ahead of signing however to look over the car. That was before all this CV happened so have no idea how they’ve had to adjust. Our delivery center was packed wall-to-wall with families there to pick up their car (best to leave kids at home IMO anyway for this). No way is that kind of delivery happening in light of CV however. Will be curious to hear how your delivery goes.

Last edited:
The flood of emails from companies you haven’t recently dealt with but wanting to be helpful and remembered...lol...yes have been deluged with them too.

s.

the person who called from the local center was very helpful and pleasant, a first except for the guys at the tesla store who, let's face it, get paid to be nice. anyway we exchanged a couple of emails including my insurance card, and i should be all set for tomorrow.

right now going over the checklist i downloaded here, and i have my box of goodies including screen protector, ssd for sentry mode, ceramic coating kit, etc.

Reactions: SMAlset
So after a number of angry texts, chats and emails, i just got word that they have agreed to refund my final payment until such time as they can deliver a vehicle, which they have no idea about right now. i had a confirmed delivery date of yesterday, and while people all over the place are getting deliveries or at least know their vehicle is at the delivery center waiting for procedures, apparently my vehicle was given away so they could make an easier buck. (the VIN is gone from my page, and the fact that they agreed to a refund confirms that the vehicle is no longer available)

this is not a good start. already have my charger installed, already turned in my prior lease last week because the date and all was confirmed. and that car was paid through June. it's likely to be the fall before they can build more vehicles.

ugh.
Have to admit, I'm not as excited as I once was.

Reactions: Aarons12
just had a call from the service center. they found a small dent in a rocker panel. they said it's hardly noticeable but they would fix it, did i want to take delivery and bring it back at a better time or re-schedule. i am taking the car, i told them as long as i have it in writing that they owe it. when he first called, he asked how i was doing, and i said 'fine until just now' knowing something had to be up. but it seems most vehicles have something wrong, and i'm ok with them fixing it later.

Reactions: linux-works
just had a call from the service center. they found a small dent in a rocker panel. they said it's hardly noticeable but they would fix it, did i want to take delivery and bring it back at a better time or re-schedule. i am taking the car, i told them as long as i have it in writing that they owe it. when he first called, he asked how i was doing, and i said 'fine until just now' knowing something had to be up. but it seems most vehicles have something wrong, and i'm ok with them fixing it later.
Totally agree with ur decision. Everyone has to remember these cars are traveling many, many miles in the elements !

Reactions: Aarons12
Sounds like isolation extraordinaire. Good thing you Don't Panic. I am seeing that some can not break out of their former little bubbles and face this new realty. People are dying and really not many with compassion care to much when their Tesla is showing up at this point. I for one will not be taking delivery until this current world problem is dealt with. I am not promoting pushing any of Elon's employees to risk contacting this deadly disease for a piece of steel. Others seem to care more about their money than others. Guess your selfish little tantrum on this forum got noticed and now you own it. You really do not know people until you see how they behave in the face of adversity. Enjoy your new car you can take it to a sporting event and show it off when you get it.

Last edited:
Sounds like isolation extraordinaire. Good thing you Don't Panic. I am seeing that some can not break out of their former little bubbles and face this new realty. People are dying and really not many with compassion care to much when their Tesla is showing up at this point. I for one will not be taking delivery until this current world problem is dealt with. I am not promoting pushing any of Elon's employees to risk contacting this deadly disease for a piece of steel. Others seem to care more about their money than others. Guess your selfish little tantrum on this forum got noticed and now you own it. You really do not know people until you see how they behave in the face of adversity. Enjoy your new car you can take it to a sporting event and show it off when you get it.

Just so you are aware many of those factory workers most likely wanted to continue working as long as possible. Most people need to go to work every day to survive (paycheck to paycheck, hourly pay, etc). The OP shouldn't have gotten so upset so quickly and maybe kept calm given the current circumstances, but he did have a bit of a point with Tesla already having his money. Fact is, people who were planning on buying a car and still have the means to do so, should continue to buy that car. If everyone shuts down their spending habits out of fear, many companies will fold, and that means many people wont have jobs.

Reactions: Dennisis
No offense to anyone. I get it that the world is a bit scary currently. I get it. What I don’t understand is everyone here talking about how people shouldn’t be taking delivery of their cars because of the current situation in the world. Yet no one is expressing concern with Amazon workers delivering their food, paper towels, and other necessities. Or all the food stores that are open so people can buy stuff when they need it. I totally understand feeling concerned, but what I don’t like is people pointing the finger at others for getting a car. Like others have said, there has to be some form of balance. The OP should not have done what they did and had some concern for what is going on, but Tesla also should be giving back money to people if they don’t deliver.

If people want their car and get it, let them, if it brings joy in a time of sadness. And it’s really no different than everyone else that risks their lives against the virus just so people can shop on Amazon and Costco.

Just so you are aware many of those factory workers most likely wanted to continue working as long as possible. Most people need to go to work every day to survive (paycheck to paycheck, hourly pay, etc). The OP shouldn't have gotten so upset so quickly and maybe kept calm given the current circumstances, but he did have a bit of a point with Tesla already having his money. Fact is, people who were planning on buying a car and still have the means to do so, should continue to buy that car. If everyone shuts down their spending habits out of fear, many companies will fold, and that means many people wont have jobs.
Got it money, money, money. As noted the government understands and is trying to help at this time and interests rates are low. I prefer to attempt to save lives now. All we needed to do was chill for a couple of weeks and let the evil float over. But then there were the others. I will only support what is essential until this death passes. If this forces one isolation, saves one life, I am good with that. Possibly this virus is as the 1918 Spanish Flu (influenza) where distancing did not work and as China now isolation is required? The faster we get this over with the better for all of us and the economy. The economy will not recover until people stop dying. Plane crashes are big news; currently 31,000 dead and climbing by this virus to date.

Done!

Unfortunately money/the economy is pretty important. I don't know if there is a really an easy solution here. I agree with you that shutting everything down would be best from a human perspective. Lives are important, much more important than cars obviously. On the flip side, how many lives will be lost due to poverty if the economy collapses (I don't think it will for the record)? Tough call really. In any case, we're all just along for the ride at this point. See you on the other side, hopefully in a nice new Y.

Hey Aarons12, you own all of us an update. How do you like the car so far? Just to confirm you go the AWD not the performance model, correct?
hi. sorry, been posting other places. the car is terrific. perfect size for me, more comfortable than the mercedes i just turned in. drives like a dream. and yes, non-performance AWD LR white with induction wheels. this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship LOL.

Reactions: ftmaybe and liuping
hi. sorry, been posting other places. the car is terrific. perfect size for me, more comfortable than the mercedes i just turned in. drives like a dream. and yes, non-performance AWD LR white with induction wheels. this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship LOL.
Great, not sure if you have already answered this but is the Y road noise more noticeable than the Mercedes?