Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No LTE: 2019.40.50.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anyone has had this problem, but I searched and didn't see one. As of 2019.40.50.7 I don't have a data connection whatsoever. I've been having to keep a hotspot in the car and re-connecting to it every time I put the car in D or P so that I'm able to use the Tesla app at all to pre-condition the car.

I spoke with my local SC and they told me it's a corporate issue but I haven't canceled my appointment with them yet. Of course the first appointment isn't until the 22nd and I've been having this issue since the 4th. I spoke with Tesla chat online and they told me I have to just wait for the next update to fix.

Also noticed voice controls no longer work even over wifi.

If anyone has any extra tips to try.. I'm all ears.. I've tried soft reset, hard reset, and a power cycle (turning it off, waiting 10 minutes, turning back on).

Voice recognition is done remotely, hence why it doesn't work.

If one software release breaks it, another one will be required to fix it. It's happened time after time.

What's weird is data worked the day of and the day after the update still.

The next day, get in, no LTE signal.

Saw a post somewhere around here to type "LTE" in the secret menu but that didn't do anything since it seems like I'd need a pin to access that menu.

I've noticed that when I park my car in the underground garage I use for for work (where my space is deep enough that I lose wireless connections), the LTE won't reconnect again until either the car sleeps or I reboot. Not sure if it's the same issue as the OP, but it's certainly been noticeable since about 2 updates ago.

same here; lost lte for about 15 minutes during a drive. came back on its own later that same drive.

other vendors also have lte issues. auto grade lte modems are, uhm, not as reliable as we'd all want them to be. lots of 'management daemons' (watchdogs) to keep the network up.

I think tesla uses ublox chips. ublox has not been the best supplier for lte, in my personal experience.