Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No LTE connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was during my usual commute which is normally LTE

I had LTE disconnect on 15/01 no data connection at all for about 15 minutes or so
Reboot the car when I got home, no Data connection. Got 3g connection after about 10 minutes
Next day was still 3g
25/01 was still 3g, I think it was either 26th or 27th I tried reboot again LTE came back

I've had the data connection disconnect 2 or 3 or times, this is the worst it's been

Same problem with LTE with my Model 3. No LTE connection for 3 days. I'm living quite remote. Closest service point 420 km away, but two Superchargers on the way. Is it possible to use the Superchargers even though the car hasn't any LTE-connection? If not, I will not make it to the service point.

I would think superchargers must have there own data connection to phone home
since the must be able to report if they are in use or not somehow.
Plus dead Tesla are usually transported to the nearest supercharger for revival, providing there are other issues.

I would still call Tesla to confirm you can still charge before risking all
Or add that question to service appointment created in the app
Every time I've created a service appointment via the app I've always received a call prior to the appointment
I assume it's the same in Finland

Same problem with LTE with my Model 3. No LTE connection for 3 days. I'm living quite remote. Closest service point 420 km away, but two Superchargers on the way. Is it possible to use the Superchargers even though the car hasn't any LTE-connection? If not, I will not make it to the service point.
Same here, no LTE connection on my S since yesterday noon. Have tried to boot the MCU several times. Hope it's just some temporary hick up with Telia's cellular service and not something requiring a service visit. I live 200+ km from the service center so it's not an option just drop to in to ask for help. The first free service times seem to be about 4 weeks away.

Hrm I can't considered superchargers. I assume they would work, but can't say for certain. You could always tether your phone to the car's wifi if it was critical, which I've done for live traffic a few times.

Our LTE hasn't worked for three weeks now. The earliest service appointment I could make in the app is still more than a month away. Supposedly the service team is working on it and will call me back, but that was... two weeks ago. I'm not holding my breath about getting a call back soon. I will follow up next week, but it's irritating having to constantly chase up service.

Just an update! The problem obviously was a hick-up with the cellular service. Things are up and running again. It took more than 2 weeks! Teslas service didn't handle the situation to the level one could expect. 2 weeks with no connection due to a cellular service problem is in my opinion not acceptable with a car that builds on a connectivity-concept. Tesla should push much harder for a fix from the cellular service company and keep up good information in the direction of their customers. Now, the only answer that was given was that there isn't any hardware problem and that the situation fixes itself... in time.

Just an update! The problem obviously was a hick-up with the cellular service. Things are up and running again. It took more than 2 weeks! Teslas service didn't handle the situation to the level one could expect. 2 weeks with no connection due to a cellular service problem is in my opinion not acceptable with a car that builds on a connectivity-concept. Tesla should push much harder for a fix from the cellular service company and keep up good information in the direction of their customers. Now, the only answer that was given was that there isn't any hardware problem and that the situation fixes itself... in time.
Agreed, pretty bizarre answer from Tesla.
If there was no hardware issue you'd at least expect a follow up with the LTE provider to find out why there was no connection for over two weeks!
Not just to leave it fix itself

Not sure if it's related, just offering some more information.

It appears the builtin SIM in the vehicles is from an Aussie provider as the Netflix content changes switching from LTE to WiFi and some websites appear to be blocked based on Aussie regulations. In most cases, since it's "roaming" in NZ, the car would pick a provider, out of the 3 I presume, with the best signal strength.

Not sure if it's related, just offering some more information.

It appears the builtin SIM in the vehicles is from an Aussie provider as the Netflix content changes switching from LTE to WiFi and some websites appear to be blocked based on Aussie regulations. In most cases, since it's "roaming" in NZ, the car would pick a provider, out of the 3 I presume, with the best signal strength.
Interesting, wonder if that's why voice Navigation searching seems to prefer Au

Wow I don't know what to say
That's really disappointing
How much notice did you get that the part wasn't there.

I hope they are treating this with priority now
and you don't have to wait months for another appointment!
About an hour's notice. Not great, but much better than getting there and only then finding out.

They say they'll get me in the day the part arrives. When that might be, though, they can't say...