Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Model Y today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear that! Hopefully you have it soon.

In other news, how does the shipping from Fremont to the Tri-State work? Do the cars go through multimodal transport (fright train - truck) to a central distribution hub and then shipped to respective SCs from there? Anyone know?

Moving a car backward from Brooklyn to Springfield seems a little counter intuitive no? I know Springfield/Paramus are used as a staging area for cars being transported to CT, VT, NH and Maine.

In other news, how does the shipping from Fremont to the Tri-State work? Do the cars go through multimodal transport (fright train - truck) to a central distribution hub and then shipped to respective SCs from there? Anyone know?

Moving a car backward from Brooklyn to Springfield seems a little counter intuitive no? I know Springfield/Paramus are used as a staging area for cars being transported to CT, VT, NH and Maine.

Not sure I know, but I can tell you what I have been told my my Littleton, CO Delivery Agent. My MY has been stuck in Salt Lake City (600 miles away) for two weeks now. I was supposed to get it 6/29 before the quarter closed but apparently, according to him, they brought a bunch of cars/trailers to SLC as a hub. From there they were redistributed onto trailers that were loaded to cars going to similar destinations. That way they could get as many cars for the quarter end as possible that were served by the same SC. So in my case, they believe my MY was unloaded since there were few(er) cars going to Colorado at the time. So they loaded the trailer with cars going East and my car sat there waiting for another batch of Colorado cars to get delivered. So there it has sat since waiting for the new load to occur, however I know that trailer after trailer have been delivered to the two Colorado SC's, so take my anecdotal reply with a grain of salt.

I do know that they have told me time and time again that ALL deliveries are handled by many 3rd party transport companies, and they bid the transport job on a website where anyone that is in the transport business can bid on and be award the transport, So they cannot guarantee when it will be picked up because it all depends on someone bidding on and wining the contract.

I had my Model S from Brooklyn because I went to the meat packing location on 14th street in NYC. I couldn't pick it up NYC because I'd have to pay tax so they moved the car. It was an inventory car not an order.

It's a Silver AWD Perf with PUP. Vin is 001511. It was a demo car with 1080 miles on it because I couldn't wait for one on order. It's mainly for my 3 kids to use when they are here but my wife is digging it, she has a 2020 S LR+, and to be honest so am I. I'm surprised how much I like the look of it. I was originally looking for a 3 perf but couldn't get one so this was kind of a consolation prize but in the end was probably better.