Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No More Ludicrous Upgrades in Toronto until the Fall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was down at Lawrence today. Was told by service advisor that there will be no more Ludicrous installs until at least the fall. Something about a special bolt that was made of wrong material. I'm considering cancelling if I can't get it this summer and if they will refund my deposit.

What I was told was they used the old bolt that was in the car instead of the new bolt supplied with the kit. They have since been told by the mothership to stop doing that. I would say it's worth a phone call to find out.

I don't quite understand it myself. The must have the correct bolts going into new cars at the factory. Why cant they send some out? Only thing that would make sense is if it was a supply issue.

Err,...should I be concerned what they put on my car for my upgrade then...

mobileSplash.png

Hi Guys,

New member here.. Very happy owner of a Tesla P85D in Caledon. I've had my car for just about a year now and it's certainly a game changer. The car itself is fantastic!

I know i'm one of many owners anxiously awaiting the ludicrous upgrade and this news of a delay is troublesome.

I'm supposedly #6 on the list for the upgrade; i've reached out to Tesla for updates and I consistently don't get any correspondence back. Poor communication and poor customer service (no customer service) seems to be the norm with Tesla here.. I hope my experience with the brand has been worse than for most of you but it's really starting to sour my taste for the brand long term. (This is one of many issues i've had with Tesla Toronto since I took delivery)

As someone who wants to spend money and support the awesome things Tesla is doing, I'm seemingly always disappointed and really it comes down to the poor dealer experience and an over promise and under deliver mentality.. (Ludicrous upgrade announced July 2015, tons of excitement, then zero information for months.. Then give us your deposit in September... then nothing for months... and now this..) This forum post is a prime example of finding out about a delay/problem where neither the Mississauga or Lawrence stores took 30 seconds to inform me after week's of asking for updates. Highly unprofessional.

In the meantime, i'll keep enjoying the awesome car that it is.. For all of us waiting for the upgrade, hopefully Tesla gets this sorted out so we can all enjoy the excitement of the upgrade once and for all while the weather is suitable!

Sorry for the rant.. especially given first post...

Hi Guys,

New member here.. Very happy owner of a Tesla P85D in Caledon. I've had my car for just about a year now and it's certainly a game changer. The car itself is fantastic!

I know i'm one of many owners anxiously awaiting the ludicrous upgrade and this news of a delay is troublesome.

I'm supposedly #6 on the list for the upgrade; i've reached out to Tesla for updates and I consistently don't get any correspondence back. Poor communication and poor customer service (no customer service) seems to be the norm with Tesla here.. I hope my experience with the brand has been worse than for most of you but it's really starting to sour my taste for the brand long term. (This is one of many issues i've had with Tesla Toronto since I took delivery)

As someone who wants to spend money and support the awesome things Tesla is doing, I'm seemingly always disappointed and really it comes down to the poor dealer experience and an over promise and under deliver mentality.. (Ludicrous upgrade announced July 2015, tons of excitement, then zero information for months.. Then give us your deposit in September... then nothing for months... and now this..) This forum post is a prime example of finding out about a delay/problem where neither the Mississauga or Lawrence stores took 30 seconds to inform me after week's of asking for updates. Highly unprofessional.

In the meantime, i'll keep enjoying the awesome car that it is.. For all of us waiting for the upgrade, hopefully Tesla gets this sorted out so we can all enjoy the excitement of the upgrade once and for all while the weather is suitable!

Hi,

I am also residing in Caledon. What colour is your MS? Maybe I've seen you driving around.

As someone who wants to spend money and support the awesome things Tesla is doing, I'm seemingly always disappointed and really it comes down to the poor dealer experience and an over promise and under deliver mentality..

hehe welcome :) Sometimes it's not the fun stuff that gets us to post eh...

So it seems I'm not alone for having mixed experiences with the local Tesla location on Lawrence Ave. though recently they have at least taken on an overall much more pleasant tone with me.

Perhaps the staff hear all the "exceptional customer experience" training stuff out of the US head office but they don't "feel" it the same way.

And for some reason they seem to make stuff up and/or propagate myths more frequently here in Canada vs. US-based SC stories.

One more factor, American-style "hospitality" usually translates into better retail experiences vs. (some of the worst retail / restaurant experiences I've experienced on Earth) here in the GTA, and, well, maybe there won't be any winning here for us ever, since there will be no "local ownership" of these locations. Perhaps our best hope here is convincing Tesla to invest in Ontario the way other car manufactures have, to get us some local representation.