Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more Stealth Model Y Performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on the menu change, do people think Tesla will not fulfill undelivered stealth performance orders? I ordered AWD in March 2019, upgraded to stealth performance March 2020, received a "do you want to take delivery in June" text, but have not yet received a VIN.
I ordered in July (stealth) and nagged them into a VIN for delivery next week. Car was made about a week ago.

Hmmm, they really do look nicer with the bigger wheels in my opinion. There must be a lot of bad roads out there. We have never hurt a 20", 21" or 22" Tesla wheel on our nice Florida roads. As delivery numbers increase I would imagine that the demand for 21’s will go up because they have been delivering the higher trim cars first. There will be more budget Y buyers getting cheaper cars that will want to upgrade as sales numbers increase.
Yeah here is missouri it’s pothole city.

All of the rim sizes come with low profile tires. None of them come with SUV-profile tires. And with 6” of ground clearance, it’s not a shock

I agree that none of them come with SUV like profile tires as it's more of a crossover.

But, I wouldn't consider the 19" tire as being low profile.

If my calculations are correct the side walls are as follows

19 -> 4.5" of sidewall
20 -> 4" of sidewall
21 -> 3.5" of sidewall.

As an owner of the M3P+ (which is now the standard performance model) I think I made a mistake in not getting the Stealth version due the ramifications of the larger brakes.

That I have to basically have a second sets of wheels/tires.

But, at least with the M3P it makes sense as it's a sports sedan, and not a cross over. On the Y I simply don't see the 21" tires making a whole lot of sense due to the summer restriction and the small sidewall.

I agree that none of them come with SUV like profile tires as it's more of a crossover.

19 -> 4.5" of sidewall
20 -> 4" of sidewall
21 -> 3.5" of sidewall.

As an owner of the M3P+ (which is now the standard performance model) I think I made a mistake in not getting the Stealth version due the ramifications of the larger brakes.

But, at least with the M3P it makes sense as it's a sports sedan, and not a cross over. On the Y I simply don't see the 21" tires making a whole lot of sense due to the summer restriction and the small sidewall.
Wow, that's an extra inch of sidewall. Lowered suspension on an SUV don't make sense either.

Yeah this a bummer for me. I like the $3,000 price drop but I was planning on getting the stealth performance with the inductions. Now that there is a $10k price difference between the LR AWD and performance and the fact I don’t want the 21” wheels or lowered suspension forces me to go without the performance.

hopefully going without the performance doesn’t leave me regretting the lack of additional acceleration.
Even the non-perf why accelerates much faster than any other CUV other than AMG / M series type cars. And, even then it isn’t much slower. I think you’ll still be quite happy.

Boy I’m sure glad I ordered my Model Y Performance without PUP before Tesla removed the option from the configurator. I love my thrilling acceleration, but need higher suspension and longer range - so no PUP was perfect for me despite the cost. How do others feel? Maybe Tesla would resinstute, or allow Service Centers to order Stealths in the background? I’m guessing there wasn’t enough demand for my option. Will there be an acceleration upgrade to long-range as there is/was for Model 3? I’d be itnerested to see what people thinnk.

I was torn on the price differences. For essentially the same range, would've loved the stealth performance. And now that they dropped it $1K (really $2K I'd save since I have a LR VIN assigned with p/u on July 22), it would have been right in the affordable range for me again. That's okay!

19 -> 4.5" of sidewall
20 -> 4" of sidewall
21 -> 3.5" of sidewall.

Regarding sidewalls, I don't think the figures are accurate. I just watched a vid (
) swapping 21" to 20" ts sportline. 8 minutes in they measured 2.75" of sidewall on the 20's.. which added about .75" over the 21's. Looking at ts sportlines site, the 20s don't seem to fill out the wheel well and look too small (similar to how model x often looks).
Thoughts on going with a 255/45 sidewall instead of the 255/40 that TS recommends with the 20's? I know it may throw off the speedometer a bit but I doubt there would be any rubbing. Thinking it would have a bit smoother ride and look better. Spacers might not hurt either